1uz-fe+1971 4dr 510=?

Jtek

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well turns out ls400 engine is no better than a cheapie 302 from an early 90s mustang, so the 1uz is out. So it's like I said, prolly end up using the 4ag as planned.

Too bad I don't have 2G's for a 2uzfe from a 02+ tundra...

Josh is under the impression that the 302 is the best performing small block but, in reality hes never driven any other ones. Maybe the monte carlos his mom has is all he is basing this off of I dont know. The monte carlos = pile of garbage 305 with out of tune quadra puke.

All in all this argument could go on for years but the fact of the matter is Josh has all the 4age components to make this thing happen. I was excited about the fact that there might actually be a unique swap with a 510, but it doesnt look like its gonna happen :(. peace.

..the 302 is the best performing small block but, in reality hes never driven any other ones.

i had a boss302 in my 67 mustang, that was a blast!!!

never driven the LS.

just based on displacement, 5L beats 4L

id think the modern 302 would easily smoke it :cool:

id put the nissan Q45 in my datsun... if i wanted a V8

:eek: i coulda had a V-8

thats why its slanted, sillys!

As we've already discussed the 302=much much cheaper, easier to find, WIDEST aftermarket I know of and I've experienced it. YES you CAN make 220hp on a carb, YES even with an intake and little to zero aftermarket.

1uz is not the one I want. I want a 2uz which my work sells for $2000+. I'll type it again! Don't make me!!

So I think the 305+q-jet>all? Is that correct? LOL!!!!!!!!!! Funniest thing ever. Much love for Mr. Kyle.

*shoots self*

any common small block from the big 3 will be cheap and have a HUGE aftermarket. 302-351, 350, 318-360

someone needs to put a big block in a 510. 460, 454, 440

fuck that, HEMI or flathead

some on has put a big block cheavy in a full tube frame 510 (with parachute in the back)

220 is easy in a 302 my old room mate has a 300 horse 302 with a 4 speed top loader in our old garage i am waiting for it to become mine once he looses interest

monte carlos-I have a holly 650 (what byou got to trade?) quadra jet's will run great you just have to keep them tuned !

cough cough... well it did run.. not long.. guess it would have helped if someone hadnt loosend the first 3 head bolts so loose that water spilled into the cylinders... now i gotta replace the head gasket and HOPE that it still works... if not... maybe new engine AGAIN lol.. or maybe just a head we'll see i guess.. anyways its my problem now :(

Mr. Lynch, I think you should leave the KA engines alone. They're all cursed.

Ok so the 1uz is out, 302 is out and certainly anything for chevy/dodge is never in, so the only option is the 4age.

Looks like its going to happen!! :D:D:D So excite!

What is that? I can't even really begin to imagine what it's based off of, other than that engine...

While we're talking about stupidly large engines to fit in Datsuns, how about a Viper V10? Last I heard you could pick up a crate motor for some ten or twelve grand...

I think something fun would be a Ferrari V12 in the bed of a 521 or 620... Especially if you stuck one of those fiberglass caps on the bed to hide it...

Sort of off topic, but speaking of high performance cars, there's a gorgeous, white, (not so) little sports car in Vancouver... I think it's a Pantech, or some similar name... looks like an 80's Lamborghini. The thing is gorgeous... lower than the 521 and probably two feet wider... the rear tires looked like they were over a foot in width...

Edit: Pantera! Pictures here... And I apologize for sending you to a Ford site... Apparently Ford imported them. But, it looks like the pictures on the right, but in white... sexy sexy beast...

Info is too sketchy on v8 engines like what to use, how to build it, where to find the damn thing in the first place, so It's a for-sure thing being a 4age. Not really having doubts on the boosted portion, so we'll test it NA (no acceleration haha!) first and see where that goes. Who knows, that can be enough to have loads of fun. At least I feel we've all chosen a reliable engine to beat on :D:D