Just bought a 710

Dude AWESOME!!! I am so jealous of your 710. Makes me proud that another Datsun is running around the roads of New England! Hopefully we can meet up at a show sometime. There is a big Japanese Carshow in, I think Brookline MA every year. I've never made it, but you can bet when the 59' is running I will!

The Japanese Car Day at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum is on August 15th. I went last year and it was pretty cool. Lots of nice cars to drool over. I plan to go again this year but not sure if the 710 will make it. My wife's Infiniti also counts as a Japanese car, so we can show up in that if we have to.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove it up and down my driveway at full throttle:

http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt341/tbubar/Datsun%20710/?action=view&current=datsun.flv

Drove it around a little today...it runs like crap and the brakes are really soft, but I made it around my neighborhood without killing myself or anyone else, so can't complain. I'm not sure how old the gas was that was in it, but there was only 1/8th of a tank. I topped it up with fresh gas and it's running better. I'm sure it still needs a tune-up.

-Todd

sounds like it has a dead hole ???

• 3 weeks later...

All right...lots of progress to report. New plate has arrived:

ratsun.jpg

Since my last post, I replaced the master cylinder and a bunch of brake lines to get the brakes working and did a fluid flush.

I figured out I had a bad plugwire, and a non-matching set of plugs so I've got a new set of both. It still ran like crap, so I replaced the fuel filter and cleaned out the carb. It's running a lot better...well enough that I'd drive it around town.

Installed the wheels I got off Craigslist and new tires. Here's how they look:

datsun2.jpg

I still need to get it inspected, then I'll be on the road.

• 2 years later...