Patriotic Engine

Beau M

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, its a 302. The block is an 86 so its a HO with the roller lifters and stuff. The pistons have been swapped with forged units from a '90 stang. The heads are GT40p's from a 2000 explorer I raped in the junkyard. Converted to carb for simplicity during the swap. I have been working on it for 6 months or so now, whenever time and money allows. It is a very budget minded build.

If it was made in Canada, it would be whittled from a stump of wood right?

Yeah, i used to work at the Beaver Farm that made those. we have Beaver Farms as a Federal "Make Work" project to clear more land for hockey rinks and Tim Hortons Donuts stores, eh. we had a hard time finding enough stumps for the beavers to keep busy, but its all good, they just ate more donuts on break and then played hockey.

Yeah, i used to work at the Beaver Farm that made those. we have Beaver Farms as a Federal "Make Work" project to clear more land for hockey rinks and Tim Hortons Donuts stores, eh. we had a hard time finding enough stumps for the beavers to keep busy, but its all good, they just ate more donuts on break and then played hockey.

:lol:

too bad its not a chevy, well i guess it wont much matter since its still a v-8...very cool dude, nice project i wanna see some burnout videos of this thing when its put together.

why so he can pay twice as much for parts and have half the power :eek:

ford power nice i got a 351w and have been thinking about dropping it in a truck for fun:lol::lol:

love the colors, what carb are you going to run??

why so he can pay twice as much for parts and have half the power :eek:

ford power nice i got a 351w and have been thinking about dropping it in a truck for fun:lol::lol:

Ford Chevy, Coke Pepsi - whats the difference? I put a 455 Buick in my 280Z, ran 12.1 at 114 on garbage 245-60-14 dunlops, great car, had lots of fun, the most fun was letting people guess at what the motor was! do you think the driver of the car your beside you is thinking "he should have put a .... in there" no, he's thinking about WTF is going on because all he can see are Z tail lights.

the ford makes more sense because the distributor is at the front, making for an easy setback - thats one of the reasons i put the Buick in my car, that and the fact the 455 only weighs 35 lbs more than a SBC. The 5.0 oem headers should fit ok in the Z as well, cutting the cost down.

gonna be lots of fun when its done!

Edited by RoadRace
grammar - i wish more people cared about grammar like i do...