VPL221 on ebay

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dry Arizona climate might be in it's future. Stay tuned!!!!

Steroid I meant to tell you I don't think this thing take a traditional tail lense. I think you are way luckier than that. I think this thing uses standard Lucas round style lenses. But they mounted them in a scalloped boat shape.

Look at this spec sheet then go look at the pictures on the auction again. I think it is just two round bullet shaped lucas lenses mounted in the shape.

vpl221.gif

Man I want that windshield, and for $80 I am tempted to bid on it myself!!!

But I'd love it if you had it!

Edited by fisch

You know full well that's not ending below 400 fisch lol, you'll get a windshield soon though I can feel it. :D

I'd like to see steroid get it... lots of datsun experience, known member of the community, actually gets shit done, lives in a dry area etc.... Sounds good to me.

Best of all it moves it ever closer to me, bua buaa BUAHAHAHAHAHA lol

mr-burns-excellent.jpg

Edited by 72240z

I will now NOT be bidding on this. As I am seeing obvious bidders interested in, I hope, it's rarity, it should go to a good home. Who knows actually when I would even start on it. I just didn't want to see it get crushed. Hopefully, one day We will all see it at a show like JCCS restored as close as possible to it's glory!!! It is a VERY cool historic vehicle.

Wait...we still don't know who got it?

Dng it man...I wanted this thing really bad...my wife and I talked though...she's really smart...:D...she said I need to finish something that I already have first...then look at other options.:blink:

Thats never gonna happen...:D

Or is this a different vehicle entirely?? Here is the front view:

TT1666.jpg

And yes, did notice in the above view that the rear bumper is a one piece, unlike the split bumpers on the ebay vehicle.

22240Z,

I picked up this truck. I'm a member. I have a 223 with frame damage and a running motor. The tailgate will be an issue. I think i can use a NL320 drop door and section it. The engine will be a rebuilt A-14 with GX 5 speed, going to leave the low gears alone. I will not be painting it. I will be selling my 320 with a A-15 and 5 speed to fund the purchase.

I think maybe your confusing the vpl221 (1000) with the v320 (1200)which look very similar and there are way more of. The production figures on the 221 are like 106 units sold, don't think they have "some" there honestly. Anything is possible I guess, really don't think so though. How even that one got here is mind boggling.

The 1 in the 2 pics I posted are v320's too btw that IMCDB had listed as vpl221. I myself didn't realize until after I posted them and said screw it thats as close as we are going to get to seeing one go crazy lol. Goes to show though.

What is the source of the '106' number built? Thanks...

Daddyo'ethan