VPL221 on ebay

Its a bit ruff lol, but damn is it sexy. If that thing was within 1000 miles I would be figuring out who I was going to borrow the money from and where I was going to put it. H-O-T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120493197565&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

vpl221.gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ho ly shit!! That is freakin amazing. Its like an NL suburban.. Almost has a lifted volvo look going on. I wish it were local,I would be all over it!! I have never seen that model before. I once saw a pic of a 521 panel truck that was in europe somewhere but that is the coolest ever and its in the US! Someone get that ASAP!!!!

I ran acrossed it earlier today and sent Mike an e-mail about it right away! Funny how he was the first person to enter my mind too! Heck only 106 units ever sold!!

Too bad it didn't have the tail lenses. Wonder if something would swap? Like there are a ton of Lucas lenses that should fit the `59 sedan.

:lol::lol:

I know it's to far for you but did you see the one on ebay thats in LA GRANGE Ca. The starting bid is 9.99. Here's the linky > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120493197565&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
:lol::lol::lol:

okay way to much 420 going on in the 620 its the same wagon hehehehehehe

:)

I hope Mike jumps on it honestly. Would love to see him nab that. SOMEONE here should if not him. When's the next time were are going to see one of those (let alone for sale) in this country? :(

I was actually talking to people I know in the area today to see if I can rent a spot lol.

You know looking at the drawing above, I don't think it is missing the tail light lenses. They just took a single lucas style brakelight and single turn signal, and set them into that frame.

So that is one less thing to worry about. The missing floor you might be able to get from a 320. I am not 100% sure they are compatable, but would bet they are. They are bolt in so I don't think it has been cut out. It has all 4 stock rims too.

Is that a locking gas door? Missing the horn button, but has the hood ornament. Get a grill and a bumper from a 320. Coulmn shift looks kinda jacked up, but you would probably be putting a floor shift in anyway.

Concidering only 106 were ever sold in this country. It is in pretty good shape (we've seen worse!). A lot of things are replacable or things someone could swap out. I hope someone on ratsun gets it! Funny, at 48hp it has like 10 more HP than the '59 sedan came with!

(I could use the wiper motor too if it works!)

How about I buy it, and someone out there keeps it and sends me the windshield for the `59? At that price it'd be worth it!!!:lol::lol:

shit ill do it then throw the body on my 4x4 :D:lol::lol::lol:

edit: I think your closer loloolo

Edited by freaky510

I know I'll prob be looked down on for saying but that's what I'd do with it myself. That body would end up on something cheap and awd with a matching wheel base. Not jacked up, prob stock height or lower.

If it was even semi complete or in anyway able to be completed I'd never dream it. To me thats just a really rare and cool as hell shell that would be better off being rocked anyway it can then just sitting as a never was.

damnit if i had a place to put it i would be all over this shit ill drive and pick this thing i would make a monster 4x4 out of it considering there is no title that would make the choice for my chevy easy drop that bitch on a chevy s10 4x4 frame and call it done

Edited by bonvo

Dang, probably the rarest Datsun in the country, and I'm surprised to hear how many of you would bastardize it. You can apply for an abandoned title, or bonded title, it's not that hard. Here's to hoping it goes to someone who would do it justice. Heck, I'd buy it solely to keep others from hacking it up.

Dang, probably the rarest Datsun in the country, and I'm surprised to hear how many of you would bastardize it. You can apply for an abandoned title, or bonded title, it's not that hard. Here's to hoping it goes to someone who would do it justice. Heck, I'd buy it solely to keep others from hacking it up.

So you would buy it solely to keep someone else from breathing life into and enjoying it? How does that make sense....

I get the hole purism thing I really do but you honestly think the rarest datsun in the country at maybe a optimistic 50% complete with rust is restore-able to anyone short of a very wealthy person? So short of that option you rather it just sit and continue to decompose so no one can see or enjoy it ever again?

Sorry I have to strongly disagree with that logic. I'd love to see it restored but it's just about impossible. At that point w/e it takes to get it back on the road and living again is more then fine with me and just flat out makes sense.

Don't get me wrong to each their own but

Heck, I'd buy it solely to keep others from hacking it up.
was a shocking statement to me. Edited by 72240z

Not saying fully restored, I know it would be nearly impossible to restore it completely. But hacked up and thrown on a 4x4 frame, that's just not right. Throw a decent (fitting) engine in it, give it a decent paint job, restore what's feasible, and drive it.

So yes, if it was going to be hacked, and tossed on a 4x4 frame, I would buy it just so that didn't happen. Then either fix it myself, or wait and find someone who appreciates it enough so they could do it justice.