hurray for RATSUN

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thumbs down for accessing the NWDE site? I might have missed something. Oh yeah... I was thinking of a club for the North East... Call it NEDE then I thought about it and it kinda sounds like needy. Was there much bad said about the ratsun? I too would like to thank the ratsun admins for the awesome meeting place for a great community.

I give up. Can't make Tana happy. Well, the troubles will be over soon. If I could get in to shut it down. Can't even do that right, I guess. It's locked up so frakking hard I can't even get into the admin function to shut it off.

There was nothing bad said about Ratsun. The Ratsun site was hardly mentioned. Only a couple folks there even know about it. There was a small discussion about the difference between the Ratsun group and the NWDE club. It was part of a broader discussion, the details I won't get into.

Pretty stupid to dis the NWDE.I enjoyed that site for years.The only reason I came here was because everybody else did and ignored all the NWDE posts.I will admit it got slower with the new server and the search function was finicky but I think its BS to say thumbs down to something that people put together with the intention of making others happy and more knowledgeable.Thumbs up to both and thanks to Doug for giving us such a great box of resources over the years.

I want ot enthusiastically add my thanks and a huge thumbs up to Doug and the others for having the NWDE site..remember guys, without the NWDE we probably wouldn't have the ratsun site....Man thanx for all of your hard work DOUG...no thumbs down here...:P

Well, you weren't here for the orange soda. I don't always have orange soda. Sometimes it's just ginger ale and diet caffiene free Dr Pepper. I am a sick, sick person.

Actually, I had the forum shut off so I could back it up. I'm trying to shut it off gracefully. Problem is, it isn't being so graceful. I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to get it to shut down, but everytime I tried someone initiated a search which locks the dang thing up. Mostly metacrawlers. Finally shut off around 1AM, I just left it until today to back up.

Yes, I did back it up. It's actually quite portable. It's just that 57MB of posts (that's how big it is, text only) takes a while to download. And that's why the searches are so slow.

well I only meant that thumbs down to ACCESSING the NWDE site, as it is generally unavailable....I have always told Doug that he is our great and honered source of Datsun wisdom and even introduce him at the meeting as such. He is always too modest. It is just so frustrating over the years not being able to post or read the NWDE site. thanks again Doug