my new 620

CharlieBucket

finally got some pics of my 620 i just bought for 100 bucks. the truck seems to be in great shape. i bought it from the grandchildren of a man who passed away about 3 years ago. according to them he has had for as long as they remember. the oldest was like 32 so i might be the second owner. maybe 3rd or forth but i know he had a long time. it seems to be all original except that it has bucket seats. has a/c but no radio at all. someone must have picked there own options! the body is in great shape with no dents at all, except the front bumber, but that just adds charactor! the guy said he did a tune-up and flushed and filled all fluids{look clean} including the gas, and it cranked up the first time. well it was spitting gas out of the carb, which he removed and then gave up on the truck. so i need a carb, where do i get the best price on a weber and adaptor? i haven't seen any 620's or really any datsun's besides z cars in georgia for a long time, so i am very excited.

Datsunpl620006.jpg

Datsunpl620004.jpg

Datsunpl620008.jpg

dirty bay, going to clean up soon. is that the ac pump?

Datsunpl620011.jpg

check out this sticker

Datsunpl620009.jpg

an hope for my stocker carb?

Datsunpl620007.jpg

goodies that came in the bed

Datsunpl620002.jpg

check out the a/c controls and lack of radio

Datsunpl620014.jpg

kinda crazy no one ever installed a radio in the last 33 years.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dirty bay, going to clean up soon. is that the ac pump?

Datsunpl620011.jpg

Yup, the air con, not factory, maybe by the dealer. Has the earlier rad (thx Doug) but no air pump stuff and no charcoal cannister. Has the coolant runners in the intake which I thought was a later set up. Is it a '74??

510s had it as from '68 on, so... I'd guess all 620s have that.

The '75 to '78 (maybe older too) had the intake and the exhaust manifolds bolted together and hot exhaust was directed against the bottom of the intake to warm it. My '78 (and up) had water passages in the intake though.

the guy told me it was a 74 but who knows? he is the husband of the granddaughter so he wasn't to interested in it. i have no title, you don't need one in ga if it's 86 or older. maybe it a mystery year for the forum to figure out. where is the vin # by the way?

There is a tag on the driver's door jam and a matching one on the driver's inner fender between the coil and the clutch master cylinder area. There is a VIN or chassis number stamped on the top of the frame, roughly below the battery on the pass side.

the guy told me it was a 74 but who knows? he is the husband of the granddaughter so he wasn't to interested in it. i have no title, you don't need one in ga if it's 86 or older. maybe it a mystery year for the forum to figure out. where is the vin # by the way?

Charlie:

From the look of the Radiator support being straight I would say that it is 72-74....anyway..open the drivers door and look at the tag...the correct year will be on that tag......great lookin truck and a very nice start to restoration or what have you....good find and good luck....Ron:blink: dude..looks like this:

Pa0302921.jpg

my name is charlie and my favorite musician is buckethead. i have used the name berfore on his forum, so i stuck with it. willy wonka is good tho. i just was checking the plate and saw the old owner had put his name and address on the underside of the dash with one of those old label makers. his name was charlie also! weird, it's been charlie's truck since before i was born.

i found it on craigslist. the guy didn't like to email and listed no pics or info. luckily out of all the emails he got he responded to me, because i left my phone number. plans are first get a carb as soon as possible and maybe put my frontier rims on there. i am going to refurbish the stockers for future use. plus the tires are dry-rot. maybe go big if i can get some power out of her.....

Datsunpl620016.jpg

i don't intend on painting it, i love the faded orange. i want it to be fast and loud, seeing as i don't need emissions on this one. i am probelly going to lower it with the rims for a fronty 15" {titans on the frontier} and then later go back to a more stock look. back and forth probelly, best of both worlds.

rebuild that carby! a rebuild kit is about $15-20 on ebay and with enough patience, you can have a "new" carb. just make sure you are paying attention when you take it apart, as there are a LOT of parts in there (i just rebuilt mine last week) hey, you wouldnt want to change the grille out would you? your 74 for my 79??? great find man, looks like it will be a great truck!

• 1 year later...

i finally have some updates on my 620. it has been negleted since i got the b210, but mainly because a hole inthe floor. i think up top i said it has solid floors and A/C. i hadn't checked the passeger side floor at that point. i think the a/c unit must have leaked for years rotting it out. i did get a weber a while ago and of course it fired right up. so it off to zerogarage for a new floorpan and a couple of minor things while its there. here is a pic of the rusty pan and it heading out. AAA pays for itself when you use them personal reasons like this. the shop is 70 miles away! that's worth more than a years membership right there!

PIC-0058.jpg

PIC-0056.jpg

still only have a couple hundard bucks in this thing!

PIC-0055.jpg

basically the only rust issue, but its a big one!

PIC-0054.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

so the truck is almost done, color matched floor pan, painted new front valence,high speed buff, etc etc. it is going to look great. so i love the look of this thing, but i have a small problem. i have to buy some seats before i can drive it, but i'm 6"2 and i'm getting a little worried. its small in there. what kind of seats will work best for me? i have been looking for old school low-backs, but no luck. bascally i need something cheap. id love nice refoamed/re-upholsetered 411 seats or something, but hnestly honda seats are probelly my future. they seem so bulky though, and thats no good for a tall guy like me.

Hey Charlie, great find there and good price. I see you took the trim molding down the sides off. It looks much better without them. You said you were going to get the A/C going, did you check the compressor, does it turn, or is it locked up. When you get to that point, keep us updated. I had bought a A/C unit off of Kaoss on the forum, same unit as yours. If you have to replace anything, I want to know how hard replacment stuff is to find. It'll be awhile before I'm to the point of putting mine in and checking everything out.