Seattle Datsun 210 hatchback worth $105K?

The reward is up to $105K through Crimestoppers in Washington State.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010211596_webcopshot05m.html

No spam intended here folks, just seemed like we can all use our car nut knowledge to help. Seems like the the car of interest is a 210, but who knows maybe in your mind this is not and the Seattle Police need to refocus, you all are the experts on Datsuns.

Figured those of you forum members on the West Coast would be pretty good sleuths on these classic vehicles. Matter-of-fact, the Wash. State Dept of Licensing says there are fewer than 130 of these coupes/hatchbacks still on the books here. If a member out there knows of a sold or traded vehicle like this that was possible gonna end up in Washington State you could help.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/69326562.html

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the police have it pretty right. The car in question is a white or light-colored '80-82 (not '83 as stated as the 210 wasn't made in '83) 210 hatchback. So if anyone knows of one that was sold or stolen recently... call the SPD.

Likely the car has already been ditched somewhere, made more likely since it was ID'd.

it looks also a lot like the Celica 1978-1981.....but im not sure.

its funny you mention that....

a few nights ago at 3am i had a tap, tap, tap at my door...

i ignored it as im in a secured building and wasnt expecting. then i heard "Seattle Police, open the door".

so i get up in my boxers and look out the peephole, and cant see anything. then i hear more tapping (end of flashlight on my door) so i crack it a bit and then POOF 4 cops appear out of nowhere arranged with clear firing lanes and hands on their pieces.

bout shat myself right there.

aparently the cops thought it looked like a 79-81 celica too, as my car was on a list of 80 possible suspect vehicles and they wanted to search it. said they were looking for a blue/silver ish older import, and well my celica fits that bill.

i let them, there is no way in hell i will do anything that even remotely makes me look like a possible cop killer. im still kinda scared to drive it, i got visions in my head of being pulled over by 40 cops, gonna wait till this all blows over. plus its the rainy season, the celica aint much fun in the wet no traction.

you can be sure i got my eyes peeled for a 210, the only one i know of is a orange one thats sat for a few months in north seattle.

all said and done it was about 15min of my time and some sleep lost, but the cops are serious about finding the douche waffle that did this.

this is my car NOT a pic of the suspect vehicle

DSC03661.jpg