Datsun Abuse

dibo

So I know this probably wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done, but this is what damn near a ton of retainer wall block looks like in the back of a 520. The J13 was surprisingly peppy, but lets just say the ride suffered a bit...

So I'm curious... what's the worst thing you've subjected your Datsun to that didn't involve an accident?

DatsunAbuse.jpg

DatsunAbuse1.jpg

DatsunAbuse2.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that reminds me when I went to the dump with my cousin load all this random stuff,metal not knowing how heavy it would be,driving there truck stalled everytime I would take off. Got there and weight 3200lbs with me and my cousin in it,letf weight 2250lbs and it ran strong the way back. That little J motor had so balls,I was suprised it made it.

i hauled a triple decker craftsman roll a way toolchest , from killeen tx to phx az, also had an extra l20b, 4 spd trans, misc. things, all in a 5" in the rear block and spring lowering job, rode on snubber and frame all the way, that was the trip from HELL as there was no suspension for roughly 1200 miles, but alas we have to do what we have to do..:D

Back when I had my 521 a neighbor who worked in a vegetable warehouse brought home some spoiled lettuce for my pigs. I made a pyramid of 20 lb cases on the back. 80 or more in all. I seem to recall 1700+ lbs on the back. The springs were bent over the axle because the bump stops were rusted off.

The 520's with the J13 were rated at 1,000Kg or 2,200 lb. payload and had a 4.875 rear axle to pull it with.

The 521s were rated at 500Kg. or 1,100 lb and a 4.375 axle ratio.

I have always suspected that the 521 had the same load carrying capability as the 520 (same springs) but is rated for 1,100 lb on paper only. In fact the rear leaf spring assy. for '66 on 520 and 621 with J13 and L16 are the same pt. number! So load 'em up! Just don't get caught.

7 loads to the scrap yard in 2 weeks...started at 540 lbs...went up to 1340lbs...then back to 1100 and then 1000...on the frame man! 3 inch blocks and 2 leaves out...no bump stops!:D

Like a champ! All the Construction dudes were like..."man, your gonna kill that little truck"!:lol:

But seriously...:blink:

It was way more than I should have had in the back!

Datsun10-1.jpg

I HAVE A 67 DATS WITH A 3.8 BUICKV6 AND A MUNCY 4SPD. I NEED A FRONT BUMPER AND DOES ANYONE KNOW WERE I CAN GET A DISC BRAKE KIT FOR THE FRONT? THANKS! BY THE WAY I WILL POST PHOTOS OF MY LIL BEAST.. AND I HAD A 1978 DATS FLATBED AND I TOOK 35 90LBS BAGS OF CONCRETE FORM CLOVIS CA TO SQUAW VALLEY CA ABOUT 50 MILES UP HILL THIS WAS WITH THE PALET AND IT WAS KNOW SWEAT! I HAVE HAD 12 DATSUN TRUCKS THEY ARE SECOND TO NONE:lol:

DatsunAbuse1.jpg

Thats a shit ton of weight esp for that little thing, power to you and datsun lol

This was the best I have pulled in my rig. Not as good as yours.

maxandthescrap001.jpg

There is 2 l6's in there too, not really sitting too low, the d21 handles an impressive load without issue. It was just shy of 2k I believe, I kept the receipt somewhere.