Carbed VG30E 2door.

thisisastickup

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Man all this talk lately on VG makes me really want one in the '59! They just sound so badass!! And with one cylinder less in length. I wonder if it would fit better? Though I bet it would hit the steering column.

the vg30e deos have about 175 to the wheels stock

newer vg30dett motor has about 300 to the wheels stock

lets see one of those in a goon

wrong

even 160 is pushing it and that's at the crank. factor in a lot of miles on a used motor and now you're lucky if the engine can pull 145.

Man all this talk lately on VG makes me really want one in the '59! They just sound so badass!! And with one cylinder less in length. I wonder if it would fit better? Though I bet it would hit the steering column.

this would be a pimp swap. specially if you made it carbed. here's an idea i had tossed around. intead of using a holley two barrel like everybody does, why not make an adapter to mount a weber side draft carburetor. the adapter would be really easy to make and cheap.

this would be a pimp swap. specially if you made it carbed. here's an idea i had tossed around. intead of using a holley two barrel like everybody does, why not make an adapter to mount a weber side draft carburetor. the adapter would be really easy to make and cheap.

a single weber sidedraft would not supply the needs of a 3ltr v6

How bout three of them? That would look badass. It might not run very well but would be cool.

I would like to see a blower on one.:eek:

according to weber, a single 50 dcoe weber sidedraft is more than engough to feed a 3 litter v6. who cares. if you need more carbs, you can have the adapter made to fit two 2 barrel carbs.

A 3 liter only needs about 375CFM, so a 38/38 Weber downdraft would work. A Japanese company made an intake to suport three downdraft carbs but they are scarcer than hens teeth! I thought about adapting a dual sidedraft adapter for four barrle intakes but it would be too much stuff to mess with when only one carb can do it.

I am going to run the Holley 500 two bbl and jet it down to the appropriate size or close enough, unless I find a Weber 38/38 to play with.

• 1 year later...

vg30 supercharged or vg30 w/ ITBs that look like ol skul hilborn injection

Welcome to the Ratsun! How about some pics! :)

engine is temp out of the car on a rebuild, should be back in about a month. still need new flywheel, clutch and some head parts ( rocker arms, ect ) and yes..the PLAN is for the car to be orange ... some day.. lol .

Dale.jpg

133156_10150348167620430_548860429_16728188_2291040_o.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

69829_10150281410715430_548860429_15605042_3567837_n.jpg

25074_10150153552650430_548860429_12239762_4368185_n.jpg

IMG_0660-1.jpg

Current picture as of now...131788_10150348178335430_548860429_16728407_959304_o.jpg

of course. lol. my buddy that had a shop near me shut down.. so i cant use the dynojet.. i dont want to run it on a mustang dyno , ...kinda cheating ( to me ) so i need to find some one else near me to test and tune on.

NICE! Finally, another box flared VG car. Would be the twin of mine, if I hadn't changed it from yellow to gray. I see you have adjustable cam wheels now too, nice!

180 to the wheels is not hard with just a little help. I don't know what he's done, but just some port work and headers could probably get you there. Cams can add even more. On the VG34E I'm building we're shooting for ~250, hopefully more. Plus a mountain of torque.

• Like 1