transformers

I got it suckas! Just wanted to gloat about buying the best movie of all time today. Thank you walmart!;)

I saw it in the theater and was hooked, I'm gonna watch it over and over!:P Maybe in the sequel they'll find a way to use a datsun as a robot!?:rolleyes:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well here comes my five miliseconds of fame by association... years ago...

when i was in seventh grade (1998) i had i think 3 of 6 classes with megan fox. the very same chick that's in transformers... yes we were friends, yes i talked to her almost every single day, no we werent that great of friends. she left school towards the end of the year and i never saw her again. the rumor was that she left for rehab due to anorexia, but that was probably a rumor started by some fat girl... she looked basically the same back then, as you can imagine she was a popular girl. altho she was pretty quiet most of the time. yes i will send you an autographed picture of myself for 50 bucks. :D

p.s. is it really that good of a movie? i still haven't seen it.

yep, good flick. Actually, it has hardly any "film" value, but as a "movie" it's fucking AWESOME!

did anyone else notice when she opens the hood of the camaro and says it's got a "doube pumper carb" for "more fuel" it actually shows a quad weber sidedraft setup. When I watched the DVD this last weekend, I paused it and ran it through frame-by-frame. when I saw it in the theatre I couldn't quite tell for sure if they weren't throttle bodies...95% sure now though

p.s. one of the perks of working at a video store...movies the weekend before they come out :D

tuesday releases for $14.99. All stores are corporate bitches, don't need to single just one out. You're supporting some rich cocksucker by shopping at any store is the way I look at it.

I agree that most wally-worlds suck ass, but sometimes you just can't beat the price.

Kiz-I noticed that throttle body shit last night, and thought that was funny!

I've heard good things about it, or is it something that only appeals to those who were being breast fed when they were watching it on TV back in the mid '80s?:D Is it that good? Would someone (like me) who grew up with Thunderbirds, Supercar and International Rescue, 'get it'? Or, is it just a fun movie to watch at any age?

OK...... Mrs. datzen just walked in and handed me the friggin' .... DVD! How fucked is that?

I think it's a fuel injection set up on a cross ram manifold. Did you see the "to punish and enslave" on the cruiser? Is Megan Fox the jock concubine?

"You've got a high rise double pump carburetor, that's pretty Impressive"

"Double pump?"

"It squirts the fuel in so you can go faster"

"Oh... I like to go faster..."

vlcsnap-5171633.png

:D It's pretty much my favorite movie... I'm "saving up" for a new Camaro.

The old Camaro was recently sold on ebay and it had a small block with a double pumper carb. For some reason in the movie they used an engine shot of the new Camaro instead. So technically the line was right, they just showed the wrong motor.

Well I answered all my Qs myself. Overall it was a fun movie to watch. The transformers talked way too much but the action was great. A few funny lines like, "bros. before ho's" and "jock comcubine".

A friend of my youngest son had the DVD and sent it over with my wife for me to watch. Just coincidence.

I've heard good things about it, or is it something that only appeals to those who were being breast fed when they were watching it on TV back in the mid '80s?:D

no, those kids are too young. Those of us who watched the original transformers were born in the late 70's to very early 80's.

Transformers came out in 1983 I believe. I remember seeing the movie in the theater twice in 1988(?). I would have been 10 years old at the time.

I used to watch the cartoon every day after school religiously...

Have the '88 movie and a few episodes as .avi's on my pc (stupid broken motherboard grrrrr)

I think it's one of the reason I like cars and mechanical things so much

Glad you liked it Mike. My fav part was where the decepticon was "roller skating" down the freeway.

I used to watch transformers every morning after "Ramblin' Rod" when I was a youngster, so this was pretty cool for me.:D

When I watched westerns as a kid the good guys had white hats and the bad wore black. I see the 'bad' police car was black and a Ford, while the good guys were GM, even the tow truck.

I grew up during the muscle car era and haven't seen anything built since the early-mid '70s that knocks my socks off like the Steve McQueen Mustang from last year. Far and away the finest looking retro car around. It really makes up for their crummy retro Thunderbird. Ever the last one to the party, GM shows up with their 'new' Camaro, late, as usual. It's nice but I like the Dodge Challenger HEMI more for looks.

Roller skating! When I saw that, I imagined him on a breakaway during a hockey game. (Canadian Eh?)