Mad Cow! My 67 520.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How old? Talk him up and get him to leave it to you in his will. My wife liked our old landlord's Olds, and used to kid him about leaving it to her in his will, and I'm sure he and his wife would have. Unfortunately he died suddenly of cancer and the car was used to pay down the bills, no cigar.

Unless I had promised my truck to a relative, if some 'enthusiast' told me how much he liked it and would take care of it, and if I couldn't find a way to take it with me or they wouldn't let me be buried in it, I'd leave it to him.:D

thanks guys!!!! body is ok except for the usual rust spots, no biggie... yeah the dash knobs are chrome. was that factory? i only have the gen 1 rims up front. i need another pair for the rear. i rather those than the chrome pathys it had on before. hey anyone out there use one of these 4 link set ups? http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/cee-2017_cp.jpg

im getting it for $75 complete so figured i'd try it.... if not then ill use the bars and buy the brackets. what you all think?

Not sure on the knobs,they usually are black plastic & sometimes the hazzard is red which is semi rare. The 2 rims you need will prob. be a junkyard search. As for the 4 link im not sure how it would weld to the frame/axle but for $75 id get it too.Like you said mix & match the parts a bit,it's a start :D

i was surprised that they were chrome also. maybe i was used to the 521 ones. ive been searching thru many junkyards u u pull its lookin for some. no luck yet. my buddy in ny just bought a 64 320 so im getting his rims when i drive upthere next month. guess ill wait.

man 521's are close enough! im wondering about shipping here???? i lived in brooklyn for 21 years man... had enough of that!!! im sure not going to enjoy the drive much, its for thanksgiving so traffic will be murder!. hey i managed to pick this up yesterday for $75. i know the bars are short but it may work. the brackets wont work for sure tho. any ideas? maybe use it parallel and use a panhard?

DSC02574.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

hope they show now!

DSC02572.jpg

QUOTE]

I LOVE it.. ratty, and yet.. you left on the bed hooks which really give it a good look. I love the interior and the blacked out wheels. Reminds me of a Ford F250 I had once which I did something similar too. Fine job! :D

ok peoples... i have the suspension dilema sorted out. now next topic is my engine. i have 3 choices right now, all sitting next to eachother at the yard. ka24e from a 240sx, ca20 from a 200sx or a z24 from a 720? ca and the z engines are carburated. all have the 5 speed trannys.... which one of these make the most sense? im kinda leaning towards the ka for fi and fuel economy but im open to suggestions. anyone out there done any of the 3?

First.. KA multi port EFI will run upside down even, ok mileage to bad, because of the available POWER. Downside: complex wiring harness w/computer, block is 4cm taller than an L16, need hi press electric fuel pump.

Second: CA20 same as above, less power, lighter. Don't know much about them but EFI trumps carb every time.

Third: Z 24 the only truck motor in the bunch, could put a stock throttle body injection on it, Nissan should have put multi port on, they had the multi on the Z20 just couldn't get their ass in 'gear' to do it. Has good low end torque but it is a carb engine. Easier to work on than EFI and cheaper for a new carb. Need low pressure electric pump or hog out the fuel pump boss on the head and install an L pump eccentric on the cam retaining bolt. Mount an L pump on the power steering pump studs.