Beaverton Ratsun Meets

Skib

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude... guys.. So i just swapped the alternator in the Z, the battery is good... started up a few times, and now its doing the same fuel issue... the pump isnt turning, on, I think its the airbox/afm... Im so bummed... will not be driving the Z tomorrow after all. I'll be there in the 620 as usual though.

Possibly joining the turbo club with the Z soon ;) screw all this nonsense its been pulling. Gonna go through more wiring tomorrow after work and clean out the afm and see if that makes a difference. If anyone has any extras, I'll post the right part # and hope someone has one.

Such a sad day.

lolz hacking threw PCC internet security atm to get to Ratsun :rofl: suckers

Are you using a Proxy server to do it? That would be the easiest way...

Curious where Beaverton is in relation to PDX? Too lazee to look on googlemaps for myself :D

It's the next town over, just west of Portland

Hey Megan, the AFM has nothing to do with the fuel pump getting power. You can unplug it completely and the engine will still run. Same holds true for the coolant temp sensor, throttle position sensor, etc.

I'm pretty sure that the ECU gets the signal from the distributor that the engine is turning. Then it keeps the pump on (it is kind of a safety measure too). This is so if the engine dies, or is shut off, you don't keep pumping fuel, since there is no reason to do so. The ECU primes the fuel pump for ~two seconds once you're "key on".

Hope this helps...

Are you using a Proxy server to do it? That would be the easiest way...

no its not even sposta let me on proxys (usta do that in HS to get on myspace when they started blocking it tho lol), its one of terminals and is only sposta let you on .edu and .gov sites and its got there own custom little mypcc internet browser. I just found some loopholes :rofl:

the reg comps let you on but these where business terminals :P