Customizing a 521

samurino

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would only look right if you could make the front open-wheel too. This would be a lot of work, you'd need to do something about the cowl as it will look funny if you just pull the fenders/inner fenders off.

Gotta have fenders, but a really old school stepside might look okay

A bed like this, at least fenders like this anyway

Power%20Wagon%201.JPG

you'll probably be more likely to end up with something like this

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=1344

found this while searching, pretty cool

12sema600.jpg

well i got this crazy idea bout using a bed like the ones in the pics...my truck cab is in excellent condition but it was a farm truck used to haul fertilizer, so no bed...and NO ONE has a truck like this around. I think it would look good to do this since the rat rod all out theme is what i'm going for. 750 honda bell tips out the side slammed in the front, raised an inch or two in the back.

balls to the wall:D

an interesting idea. it really wouldn't be super difficult to execute if you can weld and have skills in fabricating and an eye for design. if it was me... well i could tell you how i'd do it, but i'd like to hear your ideas. i understand inciting a brainstorming session, but it's also nice to hear the thoughts of the person that might actually do the project. you might have a perfectly good idea and have it all figured out already. ya know what i mean?

p.s. that toyota is bad ass... i was just thinking about the "all toyota" hot rod at JCCS and then there's that bad ass old datsun there too... if there were more than just that one in the country i would say section and chop and channel and throw something big under the hood... BUT, that's the only one... so it's perfect just the way it is.

that truck is awesome... but i kinda feel bad for jimmy shine, in regards to that truck. it basically started this recent ratrod fad of the last few years, but when he started showing pics of it it wasn't finished is the reason it looked like that. and now he wanted to paint it more recently and decided not to because he was afraid of offending his fans. ... sorry don't wanna highjack the thread, samurino, you figure out a plan of attack? have you thought about using a stepside bed? basically looks just like a full fender bed and then the running boards just run up to the back edge of the cab. i think that might look alright

sorry for not cuttin in sooner and try to address all of this...no hack required on the rhino, all stock samurai frame although the rhino body is about 18-24" narrower so the boggers will cover anything and any one in a 40' radius:cool: the bed looks more like the 80's chevy stepside but sans the fenders a lil tweak to length etc etc and you've got it.

The stepside conversions were a pretty big deal back in the late 70's and early 80's.

It's your truck, do as you want. As long as you're happy with how it looks, that's all that really matters.

Patrick

Is that all that matters? I mean really? Or are you just being nice? LOL..