New guy from indiana

pharouh

73DATSUN22-1.jpg

Hi,This is my first post here. My name is John and I'm from Shelbyville. About 25 miles from Indianpolis. I've owned 3 620's over the years and I'm getting a new project this weekend. Here is a picture of my last one. It was a 73,stock drivetrain,lowered,slotted mags,60 series tires,shaved hooks and a smoothed tailgate.It also had an airdam,chrome taillight housings with a filler panel. Chrome latches,and a Pacific Vinyls interior.Whatever happened to them? They did nice interiors.I put new fenders on it,and even though it was from the rust belt,it was pretty clean. This was around 1980.

I hope I'm worthy enough to hang with you guys.

Thanks!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

dude your trucks were WAY to nice,c'mon this is ratsun for f@$#s sake...just kidding,WELCOME and lets see some pics..what you might consider ruff or a project is what we drive daily...or at least i do,my 620 is a bucket.

Welcome indeed! Love the early mini truckin vibe! Slot mags rule! You will fit right in here.

Also my in-laws are from TerreHaute, IN. So though I am not a tru Indiana brother, I am a indiana step-brother!

You guys are too cool!!!! I think I'm going to like it here.

I might do that hood treatment on my new one.I got the idea from the Opel Manta of the early 70's.You want rough? Here's a pic of the thid one. Sorry for the bad pictures. It's green,rusty,no seat,and it didn't run. I never finished it but I did get it running. Keep in mind I didn't have a garage. I did all of my work in the parking area. I lived in an apartment with some very understanding neighbors. The landlord only complained once when I had another cab sitting back behind the building. I guess he thought it looked bad. Go figure.

green_dat.jpg

Edited by pharouh
Wow! I'm really surprised to see other members from Indiana!

Here's a pic that makes me want to cry every time I see it. it's what happened to my beautiful red 620.Yes,that is coolant running out of it.

73DATSUN31.jpg

I just got a tear in my sweet tea seeing this beautiful bashed 620 , bless its little l series engine

Glad you like it! It really wasn't too bad. I used plain old gate hinges mounted the core support,the rad had some L brackets at the bottom and threaded rod going back to the lip on the top of firewall at the top.The battery was in the bed. The wiring harness ran along the top of the frame rail. Coil and horns still mounted to the inner fenders. I tried it once without inner fenders,it rained and it died.dist got wet...I ran bolts through the inner fender monting holes,through the fenders and throught he hood sides and bolted them all together. I got the idea from a 620 I saw in Truckin' magazine. The engine had a polisehed valve cover,chrome timing chain plate,Edelbrock air cleaner,chrome header. Sorry for the bad pictures,I was using b&w film for some reason.

red_dat10.jpg

red_dat13.jpg

• 13 years later...

Hey everyone i know this isn't the right place to ask but I don't know where else to so somewhere in Knox Indiana there is a 1973 Buick opel Manta aa that is missing its front or rear bumper it's interior and motor and trans I was wondering if anyone has seen it I've been looking for it since 2021 so any help finding it would help thx I'll add pics

1 hour ago, Edward j. said:

Hey everyone i know this isn't the right place to ask but I don't know where else to so somewhere in Knox Indiana there is a 1973 Buick opel Manta aa that is missing its front or rear bumper it's interior and motor and trans I was wondering if anyone has seen it I've been looking for it since 2021 so any help finding it would help thx I'll add pics

This thread, has not been posted in........ in 13 years my man

The OP hasnt even logged on.... in 8 years.

2 minutes ago, Edward j. said:

Yeah ik but for a 14 year old I have tried almost everything I can so this would just like one of my last things to try

Find the local car clubs and SCCA racing groups. Ask the old timers.

If you have photos or documents with plates or VIN call the DMV.

With that much of a description on a Datsun forum... on a thread as old as you. your not going to find it.

Time to do things the old ways.