Phil's 510 2 door. The tranny 68

that looks pretty sweet Phil, damn maybe I should have bought that instead of the LSD but its all good I will probably enjoy the LSD and CV axles in the Max car more than the RHD stuff. But it does look sick tho

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man, i cant wait to see this car when your done.

Can't wait to get it done! More cool stuff in the works

Lookin GOOD Phil!!!

yeah!!!!

Sickness. 2 thumbs up

three if you know what I mean

And what interior will I use if you take my brown interior?

black?

that looks pretty sweet Phil, damn maybe I should have bought that instead of the LSD but its all good I will probably enjoy the LSD and CV axles in the Max car more than the RHD stuff. But it does look sick tho

You need to drive it! Before you take it apart!!

• 2 weeks later...

Removed the tar material on the underside of the hood and cleaned up the dirt and grease before I took it a step further.

fb61698f.jpg

Blocked the hood. Had a couple of small dings. Shot it again. Hopefully just one mote time.

cdf073fe.jpg

4246c084.jpg

havent done much, just been enjoying it:D

lift supports

2009-10-08134749.jpg

poly rear shocks and gr2's

2009-10-11124747.jpg

2009-10-11125846.jpg

yakima roof rack spoiler:D

2009-10-11181116.jpg

new plug wires

2009-10-11181127.jpg

I have those same GR2 rear shocks in my 510. They are too soft and when i would slam 2nd gear the rear sub frame and diff smashes the road

You're right !! Problem I'm having is finding a donor car. Can't justify cutting a good car just for rockers. Then time is another. My goal for this car is to make it 100% better than it ever was. This is just one if those things I have to live with. If it lasts me 5 Years then starts looking like it's old self. I'm perfectly content.

Just cut off samples and take them to a sheet metal shop. Any high quality sheet metal shop should be able to bend out replacements no prob. I used Schneider Simpson Sheet Metal Inc in Tacoma Washington. They fabed me up replacement outer rockers and lower 1/4s behind wheels.

Wow man youre car sounds like it's slammed. At that stage it was lowered on Nissan springs. It's confusing now but the passenger side is the bad one. I have a donor 4door rocker. Will be cut from the door back. Second piece cut out and new rocker welded in. I don't have cash flow or a driving car. Have to be resourceful with the 20+ cars in the yard

Hate to say it but I wont be done in time. Lame... Got about 4 set backs just this week. First I don't have 68 hood hinges. Who would have known?. Second I don't have a front a 68 front apron. Third found out through the grape vine my rebuild ka is fucked!!! God. Going to have to pull it apart. And last but not least I'm not going to have the car ready by canby. I know it sucks. But even if I did. It would just be a painted shell. This body work business takes time! For example this passenger quarter had consumed over a week of my time. For those of you who've seen my car. This panel was fucked. It wasn't rusted through. So I decided to salvage it. Lots of pulling, hammer/ dolly, heating/shrinking. Getting frustrated. I've managed to get it to first stage primer ready. I imagine im going to spend a long time trying to make it look pretty. Here's some shots enjoy

19009ab4.jpg

0c911bc9.jpg

2932a908.jpg

b2a78f18.jpg

5f12c07f.jpg

836dc3b8.jpg

8c2959c7.jpg

afac273a.jpg

80534540.jpg

36365ff4.jpg

Please keep in mind I'm not a pro. Just someone trying to make a car look decent. If I wanted I show car. I would have started with a better shell.

Try to finish your mud work in 180 or finer before you prime. Use a high bite etch primer on all bare metal and a good flex eurathane high build primer over the top of etch and mud. If you prime over 80 or 36 grit in your mud work it will come back and bite you after paint cures and starts to shrink alittle. You will see the scratches

• 3 weeks later...

Try to finish your mud work in 180 or finer before you prime. Use a high bite etch primer on all bare metal and a good flex eurathane high build primer over the top of etch and mud. If you prime over 80 or 36 grit in your mud work it will come back and bite you after paint cures and starts to shrink alittle. You will see the scratches

I've been roughing it out on 80 then using sem metal lock. Then we let panels sit for atleast a week in the sun.

Scored some parts from Indy and the keeper. Now I need 16's

Troy ermish stuff

14011d0e.jpg

68 Jdm yo! Grill emblem

f396c24e.jpg

Half my quarter is ready for primer

df973b08.jpg

e6744293.jpg

9b0b8b32.jpg

Front half I'll be doing a rocker section from door to wheel well

b7bfe5d4.jpg

And pulling this dent

c6c1c581.jpg

The hood gets primed one more time and I hope it's ready

01e836b3.jpg

Scored some parts from Indy and the keeper. Now I need 16's

Hey Phil I have the same kit on my wagon and I have fit 15"x6" +15 Panasports over them without an issue its all based on the inside design of the wheel and where they mount the wheel weights

Clayton

Hey Phil I have the same kit on my wagon and I have fit 15"x6" +15 Panasports over them without an issue its all based on the inside design of the wheel and where they mount the wheel weights

Clayton

Those are the 12.2" rotors on stock 510 hubs with 4 piston Wilwoods .... . . I had the wheel weights in the wrong spot with 16x8 panasports and the weights hit the calipers

the 16x7 Panas had a better design for clearance ... .. .. and the rear rotors are 11.5" 300zx floating rotors and 2 piston Wilwoods ... 15's would probably fit