New 720 project

jesusno2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes on the ride to work the mist fogs my glasses and I have to wipe them off on my sleeve. Hey, maybe I could market electric defog glasses for bike riding. (electric wipers have been done to death in comedy routines).

sweet sweet, keep us updated :D. I love me some 720 :D. Take a leaf or two out of the back!! Still looks 4x4.

My parents have a '82 720 (sc), and I dont think it has a rear defrost either.

You'll love mine then, just cranked it UP 1". It probably sits about 3-4" taller then this one, I'm running 215/65/14 rubber.

Damm, I wish my interior was black. Or another colour then puke brown. At least I now know I can get a new steering wheel for it.

Hey you can work with brown.. It's not that bad really. When I got mine I had multicolors in there and had to decide on a color. Since the seat was brown velour I went with tan, beige, and brown.. turned out pretty darn nice. :D

I'm in the Pacific NW (BC) and it's cool, misty, rainy, wet, damp... actually we have over 39 different words for precipitation up here. A rear defog window is as essential as breathing. So Cal maybe not as much.

I'm here in the north-wet too... ha! What I like to use for rear window defog (if not installed).. is a small electrical fan mounted and pointed toward the window. Defogs pretty darn quick. :)

• 2 weeks later...

not a whole lot going on here due to lowish datsun funds and our nice rainy wheather but i did a little rip and tear today.

torn up the nasty carpet and took all the seats out. the truck has decent buckets in it but they need to be cleaned just waiting to get a carpet kit and i'll mount the seat in way better than they were.

100_1386.jpg

pic of my intake that i "de smogged" welded up all the huge holes and the egr crap.

100_1384.jpg

waiting to score a adapter so i can try out the 38mm outlaw i scored off flea bay.

100_1385.jpg

tore the bed off getting ready to c notch and build a fuel cell figured i could do that while waiting on funds, coilovers wheels and other do dads.gives me some time to get the 4 link setup built.

with gas tank

100_1388.jpg

without gas tank. lot's more room now.

100_1390.jpg

gonna do coilovers all the way around unless i run into a air bag setup cheap enough. Bags are cool but still a sorta a pain. i've wanted to do a coilover setup back in the day to my old 620 kc, and after seeing fineline's post with his truck and coilovers i was hooked again.

• 4 weeks later...

not a whole lot more progress. got my fuel cell welded up and got my 4 link brackets made waiting on some aluminum so i can make my 4 link bars and panhard bar. jets should be here monday for my weber. just gotta save some bread for the coilovers and wheels and tires.

100_1391.jpg

100_1392.jpg

100_1394.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Gettin it little buy little picked up some rims yesterday got my fuel tank mounts all in got half my exhaust done yesterday also. old lady totaled her car, so for the moment i'm gonna throw this truck together so shes got something to drive that gets decent milage instead of my 460 ford 1 ton.

000_0191.jpg

000_0190.jpg

000_0189.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...