New 720 project

jesusno2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the ol' 720 gets much respect. Sure they are a bit boxier than the curvaceous 620, but they were nice little trucks. I'm glad to see a few of them are being saved! A 620 & 720 + a hardbody would make for a nice little collection.. hmmmmmmm.....:rolleyes:

They don't git no respect 'cuz they's butt ugly!

Just kidding. Whatever trips your trigger. Fat girls need luv, too. :D

The price was damn good for a running truck, that's fer sure. Now you just need to add the truck and your Location to your Profile.

pretty ugly right now. hopefully it will look better once i get my flatbed on white spoke wheels, stacks and airbags. think i'll paint it john deer green with yellow interior.

Not sure about the color, but those mods will definitely make 'er sharp.

I don't think the ol' 720 gets much respect. Sure they are a bit boxier than the curvaceous 620, but they were nice little trucks. I'm glad to see a few of them are being saved! A 620 & 720 + a hardbody would make for a nice little collection.. hmmmmmmm.....:rolleyes:

Hands down, the 620 is much better looking. The 720 holds it's own against the D-50 and the Mazda but for 4X4, have to say Toyota (for looks, but they didn't have a King Cab). But it got some much better creature comforts than the 620. WAY better heater, head light and wiper switches on the steering column where they should be, 15 fuses and everything through relays, 4X4 (not a retro-fit), larger cab, bigger motors, 60 amp alt., better brakes and power steering.

yeah, kingcab 720s are really growing on me. standard cabs are okay too, but for some reason, the 720 is one of the best looking nissan KC trucks.

GOTTA do something about the headlights though, I'm thinkin 510/521 grille and lights...might be time for some photochopping

yeah, kingcab 720s are really growing on me. standard cabs are okay too, but for some reason, the 720 is one of the best looking nissan KC trucks.

GOTTA do something about the headlights though, I'm thinkin 510/521 grille and lights...might be time for some photochopping

I loved my 80 kingcab. The best headlight mod I've ever seen for the 720 is to use the 80 something maxima headlights. They basically combine the 2 small rectangle lights into on big rectangle light. Looks bitchin with the stock 720 grille

86.nissan.maxima.500.jpg

nah, rectangle lights are icky :D it's all about 4 roundies

I like 'em round and in pairs too.:D I think the 720's rectangular lights fit the squarish shape of the truck much better than round ones. Try it. The square ones would look like hell on a 620 which is more rounded. Round for 620 and square for 720s... it works.

Having seen photos of 620s with quad rectangles , I agree. I have seen a 720 with twin rounds though, and a toyota bed, 4 different wheels and god knows how many colours.

Mine will sort have both styles. Quad rectangle headlights and 2 pairs of round aux lights.

• 2 weeks later...

Weird, where I am almost every 720 has rear defog. There's a guy in California I met on another forum who is putting side vent windows on his truck and is trying to make it look like it's an import from Oz or south Africa or something. No one he knows has heard of a 720 with rear defog before. I guess he's ordered a rear window but needs the dash switch. I sent him two plus a KPH speedo and a Kg/cm2 oil pressure gauge for the 4X4 console. Can you say happy camper?

I think it depends on market. I know that rear defog wasn't common on the base single cabs for many years, I think the current Toyota doesn't have rear defog. Then again, it's not needed very often in most places of Australia. Except of course here in Canberra.