My SR 520 build

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man, this is funky sweet, but I have a question for ya, what about the breaks? this car is going to be fast, but is it going to stop hard?

Got the brake brackets and the 300zx calipers. The thing i have to figure out now it room for a dual master for it. I been through three of them but they hit the downpipe. Talking to some peeps at the meet got some good ideas now so going to look into that now. But staying safe i dont tail gate and when i do got fast the streets are free for miles. Pic real soon of the brake swap.

Got the brake brackets and the 300zx calipers. The thing i have to figure out now it room for a dual master for it. I been through three of them but they hit the downpipe. Talking to some peeps at the meet got some good ideas now so going to look into that now. But staying safe i dont tail gate and when i do got fast the streets are free for miles. Pic real soon of the brake swap.

great, keep it up then!

You could relocate them, just an idea.

Nice! You're going to get a lot of "WTF?" looks from people wen that BOV goes off. ;)

Yesterday I was coming back from my buddy's house I was at a light and stalled it. Fired it back up and took off everyone on the left side was just looking like deer. It was priceless! Kinda funny when a little old truck fly's by making whistling noise's.

Beautiful Truck Guy!! Love the vids, I cant wait to see what 6-8 psi is going to look like...Hurry Up Already:blink:

I have been moving slow lately,my body hurts for the bulid 2months of work,Haha! Spring is going in today,and I'm gonna do the water pump while I'm diggin in there,bought it and now its time to do it.

I was happy Boostin on 4psi I can't wait till it double's. 10psi will be my max.

Thanks man your truck looks good too!

Edited by sycloned916

Was doing the water pump on sunday,took the old one out and it looked different.I got sent the wrong one so now i have to wait till the end of the week so the right one comes. :mad:

But my sound deadener came so i pulled the dash out and now can line the fire wall,inner dash and what ever else i can get and hope it helps with the vibration.

• 3 weeks later...
man i wish i had the money an space to do this.. if i could bolt the sr20det in my truck without havin to weld i'd be sooo on it! thats bout the only thing stoppin me..

Looking at a few 620's even 521's looks easier to me. The frame mounts are there already,Ihad to cut the J-series mounts off and start new. 620mike's motor sit's nice, wish I had it that easy would have been done with my swap in one month.

Project Buzz II

No pics of the mounts but seen it in person and I wish it was that easy. His look like it just drop'd in there. I think he used the stock rubber mounts. I used poly and it shakes everything at idle. I just think by having the L-series mount for the frame it could have saved me some headaches at least having to make frame mounts amd make motor mounts work too. There's another guy too that did a SR in a 521 here serach DRGfab 521 SR20DET with a lot of pic I'll try to find.

Edited by sycloned916