i just got BAR Reffed in my car!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if anybody has been to the REF this year but, they no longer do SMOG's at the ref station anymore. All they look now if everything looks stock. If it does they slam on a ref'd sticker and no you have to go down and have it smog'd. But if you know people the smog part is easy.

I sold my old 91 Honda d16z6 turbo to a buddy after I had failed the REF 11 times even though it would pass a normal smog shop. Got tired of rewires even though I new it was all right. This year in fact last week my buddy went down there and it passed visual, next day he went down to a local smog shop, guess what it focken passed cleaner than the average. Thats my little rant..

this topic still pisses me off im glad that i have a pre smog car if a cop tells me to pop the hood i will flat out tell him no and if he forces me to and sees that i conform to the smog equipment the car is supposed to have (ie none) hes gonna look really stupid for waisting my time and his honistly i kinda want to be pulled over and asked to open the hood just to make the cop look stupid :P

this topic still pisses me off im glad that i have a pre smog car if a cop tells me to pop the hood i will flat out tell him no and if he forces me to and sees that i conform to the smog equipment the car is supposed to have (ie none) hes gonna look really stupid for waisting my time and his honistly i kinda want to be pulled over and asked to open the hood just to make the cop look stupid :P

Bonvo do you have the stock carb/timing everthing on your car? Because otherwise even your stock motor wont pass...

And if you refuse the pop they will just call their superior and get a quick warrant and tow your car. happened to a buddy at work about a month ago....

A warrant based on what?

since the exhaust smells like donuts... must be an illegal bio-diesel!

or... (feel free to make something up as thats what happens) :angry:

they dont need to justify this ATM, but a few $$$$$ later, your car is still in impound racking up fees <_<

Bonvo do you have the stock carb/timing everthing on your car? Because otherwise even your stock motor wont pass...

And if you refuse the pop they will just call their superior and get a quick warrant and tow your car. happened to a buddy at work about a month ago....

the car has a weber carb on it a header and a matchbox dizzy and 2.25 exhaust it doesnt matter if it has an aftermarket caburator considering the one that was on it origally had no form of emissions control the header is ust like the original manifold there were no smog ports or anything in the original l18 mani and the distributor is a newer elecronic unit if a cop really has an issue with it ill fight in court using these exact points

the car has a weber carb on it a header and a matchbox dizzy and 2.25 exhaust it doesnt matter if it has an aftermarket caburator considering the one that was on it origally had no form of emissions control the header is ust like the original manifold there were no smog ports or anything in the original l18 mani and the distributor is a newer elecronic unit if a cop really has an issue with it ill fight in court using these exact points

Sorry to burst you bubble bonvo, but you would loose. It doesn't matter that the modifications you have made most likely wouldn't alter the emissions of your car, they haven't been approved by the California BAR. As people have said previously, even though a car isn't required to pass a smog test, it is still required to retain all of the stock emissions equipment.

Yes, this law is overlooked by many people, but it is still the law.

Sorry to burst you bubble bonvo, but you would loose. It doesn't matter that the modifications you have made most likely wouldn't alter the emissions of your car, they haven't been approved by the California BAR. As people have said previously, even though a car isn't required to pass a smog test, it is still required to retain all of the stock emissions equipment.

Yes, this law is overlooked by many people, but it is still the law.

thats what im trying to say it still retains all the emissions crap because there was none there to begin with besides the weber is BAR approved the only thing that isnt is the header

it doesnt really matter if push comes to shove ill reg it at my grandmothers address in oregonand tell them all to blow hard

thats what im trying to say it still retains all the emissions crap because there was none there to begin with besides the weber is BAR approved the only thing that isnt is the header

it doesnt really matter if push comes to shove ill reg it at my grandmothers address in oregonand tell them all to blow hard

You still have the smog pump on there?

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I live in Idaho where emssions only goes back to 1980. I have the complete stock smog set up on my 1977 620, if any one needs it I can take it off and send it to CA.

Noob.. Thread is Dead... Look at Date... You can add your stuff to a Parts for sale thread if u like...

Just helping... Not hatin...

• Like 2