Average Price of a 620

Gensaiken

I'm going to be picking up a 620 tomorrow and I was wondering what is the average price of a 620?

I see some sell for next to nothing (usually major issues) and some selling for over $1500-2000

How much have some of you guys paid for your trucks and what made them worth paying the higher price?

The one i'm picking up has an alternator issue ($50) and a damaged fender but is otherwise clean and driveable. Its a king cab with front disc. I'm paying $700. Seems pretty reasonable to me..

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mine for $750 and it would have come with lots of parts if I had the space (I am kicking myself now). This was in 2001ish I think.... For a good truck I would be willing to pay decently. I think 700 for easily fixable issues is alright. I am spoiled by mine so, meh. I have invested more into mine and getting it legal than most would EVER THINK about spending. Right now, a few thousand dollars for a perfect truck wouldnt be too bad.

I got mine for $750 and it would have come with lots of parts if I had the space (I am kicking myself now). This was in 2001ish I think.... For a good truck I would be willing to pay decently. I think 700 for easily fixable issues is alright. I am spoiled by mine so, meh. I have invested more into mine and getting it legal than most would EVER THINK about spending. Right now, a few thousand dollars for a perfect truck wouldnt be too bad.

Yeah, this truck has some minor rust issues but I was happy to see that it wasn't anything serious. I think a little time here and there the truck could be pretty awsome. I think your truck is looking pretty nice. Pretty rough when you first got it... Its way too easy to spend a lot on a datsun. My 510 is proof of that!

I'll take pics when I get the truck and you guys will be able to determine its value a bit better. :)

Basic consideration to paying more than $500 for a 620 is body condition and rust issues.Other stuff is easier to fix on your own.kc of course will up the value.$700 for a kc is good if it is solid and runs ok.

Yeah, other than the fender and a scuff on the door it looks like very minor rust (only surface). Other wise its a clean body. Its only one color which is a good sign in my book. :D With a new battery / alternator and brakes bled it should run like a camp. If not i'll be pissed! ;)

I paid $225 for my '71 521. Clean body, but hasn't run for 10 years. I looked at the options and it came with the original dealer installed AC for the truck. So I figured worst case, I could sell some of the hard to find parts (Can jack and tool bag too.) and make back some of my initial $225 investment.

But I imagine by the time I get it running I will be up in $700+ range. So your's seems like a fair deal to me. But I am far from an expert.

BUT I am in New England, and these things are not plentiful here. Especially in good body condition. So supply and demand comes into play. And thus I jumped on it knowing I might have to replace ALOT of internals.

Scott

Most I paid was $600 for my 4X4, needed a battery and the carb wasn't great but it ran.

Least I PAID was $25 for one I drove home. I've had a couple free tow-homes that ran upon installing a battery. My '76 KC was one of those, extremely rusty but hey it runs. I got a couple months out of it in as-was condition, before it needed clutch work and a carb. Sold it, reacquired it, put in a 5-speed and weber, it's still rusty though. Nothing will fix that- very little metal left and some holes that make it hard to believe it's still operational. But hey, gets lighter every day... But I doubt I have $500 in it, partswise.

Dont be pissed if it aint all good.Good is what you make it.The more you fix,the more you know whats right with it.After all its a Datsun.You gotta make it yours now.

Well, you'd be pissed if you expected something in this condition and it showed up not working at all. I agree, this truck will definately be my own.

Although I just remembered that the truck has no speakers and no deck... going to be a quiet ride for a while.. :P

I paid $225 for my '71 521. Clean body, but hasn't run for 10 years. I looked at the options and it came with the original dealer installed AC for the truck. So I figured worst case, I could sell some of the hard to find parts (Can jack and tool bag too.) and make back some of my initial $225 investment.

But I imagine by the time I get it running I will be up in $700+ range. So your's seems like a fair deal to me. But I am far from an expert.

BUT I am in New England, and these things are not plentiful here. Especially in good body condition. So supply and demand comes into play. And thus I jumped on it knowing I might have to replace ALOT of internals.

Scott

Out here on the westcoast there a lot of these little trucks around. Here in eugene and southern oregon it is very common to see them everywhere and tons in wrecking yards. Unfortunately the weather on the east coast isn't very kind of those older vehicles. Hope your project goes well and you can get it back together..

It is great when you can pick up those cars that have a lot of extra stuff you can always get rid of and make your money back.. unfortunately that is becomming more and more rare these days as most people have nabbed up all those good deals.

My 620 was originally free but over they years ive put a few thousand into it.

The L 320 was $500- runs great but needed brakes

The 521 was $150- runs great..needed a battery,alt., & the radiator cleaned out.

The main thing to me is that the truck at least starts & runs by itself. Its easier to figure out if it needs motor work that way. The rest it easy to fix IMO :cool:

I Paid $1,100 for my '74 and was worth every penny....I had been looking for a long time...and since then like most of us on this forum have put alot more $$$$ into the truck:D. My '73 I bought from steroid and it was also a good deal( I bought this truck without even viewing it in person) The only viewing i had was from pictures on this forum and a couple of emails...Now its getting restored....I definately would do it again!!!!!!!!!

Here in eugene and southern oregon it is very common to see them everywhere and tons in wrecking yards.

I dont think that's true. Down here in Medford, I think its a real dry area for datsuns in general. One of the local wrecking yards FINALLY got a 79 620 today, and I've been calling them all about twice a month for the last 4-5 months. There are almost no 510s down here. I looked for 3 years to find a K/C 4x4 620, and the one I have didnt even come from here. It was hauled to me from Idaho. I traded my 72 510 4 door, and $200 bucks for it.

Eugene, Portland, and Bend got all the datsuns in Oregon :(

I dont think that's true. Down here in Medford, I think its a real dry area for datsuns in general. One of the local wrecking yards FINALLY got a 79 620 today, and I've been calling them all about twice a month for the last 4-5 months. There are almost no 510s down here. I looked for 3 years to find a K/C 4x4 620, and the one I have didnt even come from here. It was hauled to me from Idaho. I traded my 72 510 4 door, and $200 bucks for it.

Eugene, Portland, and Bend got all the datsuns in Oregon :(

Thats where you are wrong, there are TONS of 620's in medford. I would see em all over the place. Just gotta keep your eyes open.

As for the wrecking yards, you are just looking in the wrong ones.. hit up Jim's Better Buys some time. Hes pretty much the only yard that still gets a 510 every so often..

I do see lots of 620s driving around town. People still driving them. I've never heard of Jim's Better Buys. Where is that at?

A2Z smashes cars as fast as they can get them since the new owners took over. They're in it for the scrap $$. I just happen to walk in there one day and they had a 64 320 in under a stack of cars waiting to be smashed. It was only there a few days. I would have bought the whole truck, it looked like it was in great shape before they started stacking cars on it.

Action u-pull-it get's a one or two a year on avg, but their prices aren't very resonable. Speedway won't even let you into the yard to see what they've got. The only good yard that was here around Medford that I've ever been to was Central Point Auto Wrecking, on Vilas rd. They had all kinds of good datsun stuff, and prices were cheap.

I do see lots of 620s driving around town. People still driving them. I've never heard of Jim's Better Buys. Where is that at?

A2Z smashes cars as fast as they can get them since the new owners took over. They're in it for the scrap $$. I just happen to walk in there one day and they had a 64 320 in under a stack of cars waiting to be smashed. It was only there a few days. I would have bought the whole truck, it looked like it was in great shape before they started stacking cars on it.

Action u-pull-it get's a one or two a year on avg, but their prices aren't very resonable. Speedway won't even let you into the yard to see what they've got. The only good yard that was here around Medford that I've ever been to was Central Point Auto Wrecking, on Vilas rd. They had all kinds of good datsun stuff, and prices were cheap.

Jim's is out in talent. A mom and pop place. Old school, no computer databases or any of that. Usually the places that have the good stuff.

Last time I was at speedway they had a few datsun trucks but that was a few years ago... wonder why they won't let people in.

I dropped 1500 on shorty. :( purchased from a friggin lot in Olympia :( I'd been looking HARD for 2 months, and its fresh red paint, and minimal pan rust got me. It's in really nice shape. Had to pay tax and lic. on top. drove great until I went down to tacoma doing 70 or so with my 4 speed, to see datsunholic and smoked me some rings. SHIT!!!! Just bought the 79 KC for 500, sitting in front of my house, for the motor and tranny. Will be selling everything else on the truck. I have a clean title for it. It has minimal rust. I'm acutally hoping someone here wants whats left and will resurect it.

I'm bleeding profusely into "datsuns" and I'm a VW guy. WTF!!!

• 3 months later...

Paid 400 for my, Bought from the orginal owner,

Pretty much no rust on the vehicle. seats are torn some cracks in the dash some loss wires in the dash and ignition switch doesnt work. I think its a good deasl tho for a 74 smog exemp here

has a bad head... came with extra head tho and stuff...

here in kentucky a datsun is a very rare find. i have only seen 2 here, and one of them is mine. i paid a grand for mine (PO found out i really "needed" the truck before i bought it and screwed me over on price) it had a blown head gasket at the time, and i had trouble getting it running and gave up on it for a year. while it set, the brakes went to shit, the floor pans are trashed and pretty much i overpaid for the truck...but you can't find them here, so to me, my investment was worth it. however, i bought an 88 s-10 yesterday for $800 and it is in just about perfect shape!

Tyler...the price is just relative.........................$800 for an s-10 is 'bout right(daily driver to fetch DATSUN PARTS!!!)..your Datsun is a rare truck and will be something to be proud of in the future...(think of it as the same as your RD..not many guys have those to restore either...the end product is the thing...)

Guest DatsuNoob

Mine was $300. Drove it home from Rochester which is a fairly long jaunt for a truck that had a bad Hitachi carb, and sat for about 5 years in a shed. I think Top speed then was 35 with one hand on the choke. Money well spent on the PO's decision to get her reupholstered in mint green velour. It's even got the buttons in the bench! Ahhh memories, she's come a long way, now atleast she's sitting with a NEW carb. :lol: