Project '73

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guy's, Got some small progress pictures...Sanding.....and hung the doors..............................................

Picture275.jpg

Got some buckets for the '73......But I would still like some lowbacks:).....

Picture272.jpg

And got some mudflaps on my '74 awhile back:D I think they look sweet:)!.....

Picture276.jpg

Picture.jpg

Will post some more pictures in a week or so:)...........................

Mark, That is a space heater:)...I actualy had 2 going:D. I thought getting to the bare metal would be best Considering I was going to spray the truck a Light green primer:).

I will be going to the junkyard this weekend in search of a good driver side front fender:D Mine is kinda dinged and dented:(.

Picture278.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

went to the junkyard today and got me some parts for my '73 and '74:D, The Grill will go on my '74 and the Driver side Fender and MudFlaps will go on my '73:D, Paid about $70 for everything:D I love the wrecking Yards:lol:...................................

trucks459.jpg

This Picture is a repost from The wrecking yard Report:) Just wanted to post them here as well since they will be going on my 2 620's:)!!

Got some more work done this afternoon:) Took the old grill off and painted the new one along with the emblem and installed on the '74:D Still missing a chrome head light bezel, But overall i think it turned out pretty nice:lol:!

trucks468.jpg

trucks469.jpg

trucks467.jpg

trucks473.jpg

Picture002.jpg

My next little project for my '74 will be to put these emblems on the fenders:D I will have to drill to get them on but i think it will be worth it:)!!

trucks475.jpg

trucks476.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more work done today:D! This is for my '73 620:). I had a paint shop mix up some "Pea Green" Primer by trying to match the paint to my door that came with the '73. I think it came out pretty Darn nice myself:) I just wanted to share the color with everybody before I do the whole truck this color:D! Bought a new Spray gun to from Harbor Freight to do the job:cool:.....................................................

trucks531.jpg

trucks535.jpg

trucks534.jpg

trucks536.jpg

trucks542.jpg

So what do you Guys think? Not bad for Primer i think:)!

I will do the hood and other fender this memorial day weekend:D!

Thanks Guys:) when I bought this truck from Steroid over a year ago I realy wanted to try and keep it the original color, But also have a "rat" feel to it as well:D! So combining the Original color to primer was a little difficult 'cause not many Paint Shops even wanted to try and combine the two. 69FJWagon, I love this color as well and it only cost $27 a Quart:D! I got to go back next week and get me another 3-4 Quarts to do the whole truck!

Thanks again guys for the kind words:) I will post more pictures as the painting continues:)!

Love the green primer, It's hard to find a paint shop to mix primer. I use a shop in riverside. THE PAINT SOURCE. They will mix anything. Jason just a little tip. When you do the whole truck do one section at a time. Then after put some lacquer thinner in the gun and shoot that on the primer. That will help to make it even. Primer is a bitch to shoot in large sections.

Thanks Guys:) This truck has been a labor of love for me,I only wish I had more time and money to complete it sooner:cool:I will be sanding the hood and doing another section this weekend:)! Datrod thanks for the tip and offer:) fastdadd, I just noticed the "tsl" myself:lol:

Got some more painting done this afternoon:D!My Buddy came over and we kept painting til' we ran out of paint:eek:! I will by me another 2 qrts. next week and that should be enough for the rest of the truck:).

Heres the Hood and lid, Passenger fender and passenger door(Is that a stain already:lol:! Ill repaint or sand it out:rolleyes:!).......................

trucks543.jpg

trucks544.jpg

Hood has a couple of "dings" in it:( But it'll work for now:).........

trucks545.jpg

trucks546.jpg

I still dont know how that stain got there:lol: but it will come off:cool:..

trucks547.jpg

Truck should be completely primered in about 3-4 weeks:D!

Starting cleaning the engine bay today:) Getting her ready for some Paint:D.

trucks548.jpg

trucks549.jpg

trucks551.jpg

Before I blew the engine bay with a compressor,I didn't take a picture today of how dirty it was, so i used a ollder picture from last year so you can kinda see a difference:) The bay was full of caked on grease, leaves, bird feathers:confused: and a few presents the previous residents left behind:mellow:. Before..............................................

Picture081.jpg

..........And after....................................................

trucks553.jpg

trucks554.jpg

I will do some more cleaning this week:) I ran out of De-Greaser:rolleyes::lol:!