Project '73

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason let me share an idea. For a color thats easy to clean & looks good id go w/ a semi gloss black. Auto zone sells a spray can [Dupli color brand i believe] & it has a wide fan so no streaks :cool: Also use tin foil to mask the brake lines & other small parts, its fast & no tape needed. I did the hood on the 320 w/ the semi gloss, 3 coats...

• 1 month later...

Hey guy's, A couple of weeks ago I had a problem with what I thought was my Rear brakes on my blue '74 620 making some Crazy Rattling noises as I would accelerate from a stop:mad:! So I Finaly had time to jack the truck up and me and a friend found that it was the Carrier Bearing:(! also bought some U-Joints 'cause the ones on the truck look pretty worn out:rolleyes:!

trucks572.jpg

trucks570.jpg

trucks571.jpg

trucks569.jpg

Had to drop the Drive Shaft and Order The Carrier Bearing. Should have it ready to install by this week and on the road again:cool:! Will post more pictures when I put the Drive shaft back on the truck:D!

OK Guy's, Turns out the DriveShaft is no good as well:(. I will have Mine ReBuilt and new Carrier Bearing/U-Joints installed for $400.00:rolleyes:! I will have it back by thursday and installed on Friday:D!! Gotta protect my investment:) and the August BarBQue is right around the corner:cool:! Will post More pictures soon:cool:!

Hi Jason,

It's Steroid................ Just change out the whole driveshaft from the pea green truck. It should go right in and work. Also, I have at least 6 extra driveshafts so save Your $$$$ and I'll bring one to the picknick. What end is bad the shorter section or the longer one? Take care and DON'T WORRY ! ! !

Alright Guys, Got the driveshaft back and installed yesterday:D! Took her for a short test drive after and the truck runs beautiful:)! Here are some pictures..............................................................

trucks584.jpg

trucks585.jpg

trucks586.jpg

trucks587.jpg

The carrier Bearing And UJoints look Great!

Just bought me 3 nice old school Mag Rims today that will be eventualy going on my '73 with some nice Whitewalls and Chrome Center Stars:cool:!

trucks602.jpg

Wanted toThank dqami(dave) For the Great deal on all 3:). Had a chance to meet and talk datsun trucks with dave for a short time as well and see his cool datsun PickUp:)! Hope you can make it To the barBQue dave:)! Thanks again!

'Jason.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guy's, Got a little Customizing done these last 2 days and installed a Center Cosole:)! Had to do a some Cutting, Painting Etc... But I think it came out pretty good:cool:! Still have to do some moving of the Tach to sit evenly and then i will cover up the Gaps:rolleyes:!

Before..............................

trucks698.jpg

Original 620 console............

trucks704.jpg

Fab work:eek:...................

trucks701.jpg

Painted and Shifter boot Installed:)....

trucks709.jpg

trucks712.jpg

And installed:cool:..............

trucks720.jpg

trucks719.jpg

trucks713.jpg

NOT TO BAD OF A JOB:lol:!!!!

Console came out of a 620:) Cant Remember what year though:confused:!

These Tachs work Great:D Never had a problem with mine...Did your's come with the Bridge that mounts over the Tranny? I would like to mount mine straight to the console....But this bridge(:confused:) keeps getting in my way:(!