Project '73

Let the project begin! Some of you guys may recognize this truck I bought it from steroid some time ago.....after months of junkyard hunting i have got alot of parts now to start this projet.

Some of the parts include Doors(driver and passenger), stock rims(thanks OL YELLER), Bucket seats,Dash goodies Including original tach!,Tailgate,Mirrors, And alot more including lots of sandpaper and primer:D. I'm figuring this will take around a year or so to get complete so buy JCCS 2008 is what I'm aiming for!!!!!!!

Picture053.jpg[/img]

Picture055.jpg[/img]

Picture052.jpg[/img]

I will post more pictures this weekend and as the project continues........

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, The plan is to drop this truck, Primer entire truck w/new doors and tailgate And install new interior including dash and bucket seats...The engine is not running but i've talked to steroid awhile back and he says the block is rebuildable(L20), I've been inspired by alot of trucks on ratsun but i am gonna try to give it my own personel touch! I already have an interior man(wifes uncle in hesperia has an upholstery shop) And i will be doing body and primer with some friends.

The truck is not in bad shape and does not have alot of rust, I beleive the paint is original I just want to smooth it out and throw some primer on the truck before the winter.......This truck will go into my garage(its outside at the moment) as soon as i can make some room......Hopefully this weekend!

Yep that one is sweet...the guy that owns it lives in Riverside...I believe he is on this site too...Derek are you there?.................I really, really like that truck, but, (DEREK I am sorry bout this!) I just wish that the engine compartment and motor were as clean....I suppose that pulling the motor and getting into that compartment would not be really tough........I wonder what the reserve is?...it really looks OL SKOOL!!!

Alright guys, I changed the old and deflated tires out on the '73 with the set i bought from (Ron)OL YELLER, Now the truck will at least roll so i can get it into my garage tommorow.I will post pictures this weekend as the teardown will begin:D

Pictures as you go? Have a video camera? Watching you do it in fast motion would be cool to see...

I would like to be there but I did'nt register in time due to truck not being ready,maybe I can get there early and park in the parking lot right up front.Any help on a hook up to get in would help.

Derek..PLEASE try to get that beautiful Orange truck to the parking lot at Long Beach...gettin into the show will be not only difficult, but darned near impossible...They just don't have the room for any more than are already registered...But, I will assure you that your truck will be the hit of the parking area...if you get there early enuff, a front row parking space will not be hard to get...lookin forward to seein ya.....(I really hope that you did not take my engine compartment rantings too harshly..not knowing what you had in mind with the sale and such....I, being a really OLD OLD Skool mechanic have always done the engine bay first and then the exterior...no exscuse for me dude..

i laughed pretty good over those doors...

seeing that lovely blue 620 in your garage i'm sure you're more than capable of making another lovely datto. however, i would be remiss to express my opinion that the original patina (sp?) looked awesome on that thing. i think it was a perfect specimen for a rat look buildup. maybe de-clutter the interior and throw some bomber buckets in there. but like i said, i'm sure you have a good plan for it. i think the rusted out spots from the de-hooking and the rusted welded in panels from the door shaving greatly added to the weathered look.

did i miss the pics of the blue one?