Project '73

I have debated about using the shaved doors myself but just like the original look alot(I will keep them just in case)....The bed hooks are gone as well as the cab vent so it would flow together nicely, I do have bucket seats already just need to be reupholstered.....The blue '74 is in the truck section under "pictures of your truck":D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, that Seafoam green was one of the rarest factory paint colors on a 620. Very common on 521s, but I've only seen a couple 620s that color. Though it doesn't look like original paint with the way the letters are overpainted.

Doug...would you think maybe that truck would have been a real early 73? maybe a 72 3/4?....jason...what does the door tag say? (as to the month and year of Manufacture......Been around a long time and memyownself,, I am having trouble remembering a 620 that colr also...hmmmmmmm may be a rare one there Jason!

Think it's the same as the green found on the 510s on the same vintage? I love that color...

I myself agree...my son (Rays '74) has a 72 510 wagon the same color...just havent seen a 620 that color.....if Doug says it is rare..we must aquiece(sp) to his expertise....................

Lookin good Jason...time to wipe down and clean that engine bay....not too difficult with the motor outta there...pull off all the removable stuff do some maskin and have at it..... (BTW..those tires and wheels are lookin good on there!!!) Ron

Thanks Ron, The floor board looks pretty solid....Does anyone know where I can buy the "plugs"? For the floor?

Local pick a part you would be surprised at what will work..also, check out Pep Boys in the "Help" section..seems as though I remember seein them there...just take your old one or a drawing of the hole..LOL

• 1 month later...

Hey guy's, I was bored today on my day off! So i decided to change the ignition housing on my '74 and add a few goodies to truck:D!!! I really should be concentrating on the '73:rolleyes:!

BEFORE...........

Picture059.jpg

AFTER.............

Picture236.jpg

and the goodies..........

Picture234.jpg

Picture239.jpg

Picture241.jpg

I know it aint much! but i had some extra time this afternoon........Hope you like my Rat:D:D........

I have 2 of those same patches....what I am lookin for are a couple of them about 4 times the size...(like 10" x 6") or something like that...I am gonna have carpet made soon for "Ol Yeller" and i want to have the "Datsun" sewed into the carpet...OR...sewed into some removable mats over the new carpet...anybody seen any big ones like that???? (oops Hijacked the thread didn't I?...ah what the heck, I am 66 yrs old...gimmeee a hall pass this time: K?)

• 2 months later...

Got a little more done today:)...Hung the doors and got the door locks changed over:) Started sanding some more again! I've picked up some more parts over the past couple of months but I'm Still looking for a engine....I posted a thread in the parts wanted section! I will post some up to date pictures next weekend:D!