Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the radiator man.

Got my gauges installed. Just need mount all the sensors. The tach is just held down with sticky tape right now, might end up moving it. Easy install thanks to speedhut sending a daisy chain wiring setup, and icehouse's can/am box. I used an open spot on the ECU relay to power the gauges.

487606_4308741352612_15649534_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

cut out my exhaust and pulled my L20B out to replace/upgrade clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, motor mounts, new water pump, new alt (saturn 96amp upgrade), and do a radiator flush...oh and new electric fan.

done everything except finish alt wiring and rad flush...hope to have everything back into the car soon. (i'll update project tread once oics are loaded)

then it's onto finish my BMW ellipsoid lights.

I cut out the bondo mess that the previous owner made out of the old gas-cap location. He shaved it down and put in new metal... but the metal wasn't flush with the body. It was like... nearly half an inch deep, which meant nearly half an inch of bondo.

sigh.

I cut out the body sheet where the old filler spot was, and tacked in some new metal. I'm doing this old school w/ oxy-acetylene!

• 3 weeks later...

Picked him up from school. He's been sitting for 5-6 weeks (however long ago jccs was....). Took it for a spin around campus first to check everything out, seemed fine, parked it, went to class. Well, over a month with fuel lines unplugged....youre fuel reserve tends to go down a bit...at any rate, had I plugged my lines wile the engine was out, I wouldnt have found my new maximum fill....

CD9F70CE-F02A-46BF-B37C-34B17EF86DCC-12409-0000197E28BBF2CA.jpg

I thought these had 10.5 gal tanks....guess I was wrong...

anyways, home sweet home. Only spot left in the apt parking was next to a neighbors old corvair spyder....it doesnt move a lot, maybe no one else wants to park there haha

45DAAAAA-9706-417E-B4BD-8EB7C96418FA-12409-0000197E2C2EF6D4.jpg

Happy he's home & has a full stomach courtesy of my wallet....

just finished putting together my 280zx struts and new tokico 5ways. Now just waiting on my coilovers to get here!! ahhh Sandy.....

Oh and I brought a wheels fitment tool I found on amazon. since my Dime is rolled and has these little flares, I need to figure out width and offset/backspacing. I'll keep you posted on how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Was heading to Home Depot this morning after work, and out of NOWHERE, a foot deep pond that's 20 yards long, filled with an entire FLOCK of geese appears in the middle of the road. It was super effective!

Needless to say, said geese were QUITE surprised that I showed up. So was I, since I hit this pond at 25 mph or so, and came to a very abrupt crawl. Which was preceded by a very large SPLOOSH!!!, which in turn just happened to swamp out the rest of the geese, as they struggled to take down the cyclone fence on one side of the street, gasping for air, and trying to maneuver the surprise jungle-gym that is my car... There were feathers of fury everywhere, and 10+ very upset geese. I'm pretty sure that they shit on my car, but I wouldn't know since my car (and the entire underneath side, and the engine bay) got a bath.

Either way, my life is complete. I crashed a pool party with a Datsun, and I don't even have a hunting license.

What's best, is now I don't have to crawl under my car any time soon and pressure was the mud build up. Unfortunately, things got a little wet. Popped the trunk, and it's not too dry anymore... lots of water where the fuel lines go through the floor, ended up in the spare tire well. I suspect undert he back seat, too. Thankfully, there's drain holes there. (Actually, there's rusty holes where metal used to exist before my car went all green (red?) and organic several years ago. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I cleaned up the metal on the floor pan, the previous owner changed over to a stick shift and did a crap job at cutting up the tranny tunnel so i went in and cleaned up the metal they just chopped and bent to clear the tranny/shifter... 

also bolted in some radio bezel, glove box and wiper cowl... 

didn't do it today technically but it was the last thing i did to it  :D ...

-Rob