RESURRECTION of SHORTY 75

PtheDude

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you having issues with? The Dash should be fairly straight forward, no? I think it is a total of 5 bolts and the top 3 screws... The top 3 are a pain in the ass. Someone suggested a socket with the phillips head in it and doing it that way.

Don't for get the two cold air vent knobs, defrost hoses, steering column bolts?, heater control cables, wire harness, I forget what else since I had one out.

lol everyone says dash removal in the 620 sucks but I dont think anyones had the pleasure of removing one from a z car. That dash sucks beyond comparison, except maybe this porche 930 I worked on once; we had to cut the windshield out to remove the dash. peace.

• 2 months later...

IT LIVES!! IT LIIIIIVESSSS!!!!

We are full flame pimpin now! Pretty much fired right up! Lost a cab side heater hose on my first freeway jaunt, but other than that, SHORTY IS ROLLING ONCE AGAIN!

It's comletely night and day, what putting a 620 5 speed into the truck is like. 1-2-3 still go quick, but 4th and now FIFTH are smoooth! Pretty much 4 speeds are a friggin joke. If your rolling one get it out of your truck.

Missions yet unfinished:

1. Pass side floor rust

2. fix the fucking leak, yeo

3. stock radio and tach in

4. my $100 crackless dash

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

thanks Doug, they do look really nice. I know its not slammed on 18's but that's just not my thing. I'm slowly going thru it, tinkering with stuff, matching ignition/door locks, for example. soon it will be... Sano75 Shorty!

• 4 weeks later...

guys I have a vibration at 60-65 down the freeway. carrier bearing? I put in a different engin and tranny... all the bolts are tight, engine mounts tight. what the top 3 things I need to eliminate?