70 wagon IRS swap project

funny because for the longest time i was wondering, "why do my welds constantly turn out like shit?" then i looked into it and my polarity wires were set up for flux core non gas welding! This was only a couple months ago when i realized that and then all of a sudden i could weld like a human being. DERPpppp:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by dirtbike daron
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I got 300pounds in the front......and 250 in the back......for some people back is stiff.....for me moderate.....but if you planing to track it do 275.....

my plans are for GC rears. not sure on the shocks they use on their rear package but i've not yet decided on which unit to use or on the spring rate but would appreciate ideas or advice.
I got 300pounds in the front......and 250 in the back......for some people back is stiff.....for me moderate.....but if you planing to track it do 275.....

I did the same thing, kind of :D I got a set of T3 rear coilovers with 300lbs springs. They felt a little stiff since I had a set of 185s laying around I tried those, a little on the soft side...... I think if I was to purchase coilovers for the rear again I would get something that is really adjustable. T3 uses Koni shocks in there coilover setup. They only dampen on retraction, kinda lame in some instances.

my plans are for GC rears. not sure on the shocks they use on their rear package but i've not yet decided on which unit to use or on the spring rate but would appreciate ideas or advice.

my experiance with GC rears is they dont have enough droop and you end up lifting the inside rear tire when you are driving the car rather hard (FREEWAY ON RAMPS:D) I am un sure if they have addressed the issue or not. depending on how you plan on driving this you can order double adjustable rears from Troy but they are pricey... all though if I didnt already have an extra set of his non adjustables from my 2 door I would have spent the money on doubles for Lisa's 510, I am running 275lbs springs and adjustable sway bar in the rear and plan on upping it to around 300-325lbs with NO rear bar soon , like the old saying goes "you get what you pay for" and when it comes to shocks I tend to buy the upper end of shocks because of that reason... My .02 :D great looking Wagoon cant wait to hear how it feels to drive

Clayton

learn from experience. just closed up my gas lid opening in the quarter of the wagon and when you think you are welding SLOW enough for it not to warp.... it does anyways. i ended up having to cut a big relief straight downward to let up a giant contraction in the metal. it WAS perfect quarter and now requires major reworking. IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg

• 1 year later...

Very funny. Im not an avid posting gentleman at all lately. I will post some pics of recent progress ASAP as a ka24e is now fitted as well as full s13 right hand drive.

Its all good man, i was just skimming thru some old projects and what not, saw this and remembered it and was excited about it and seeing it get done. Figured i would revive it :D