Is it just me??

Or are people expecting too much for a $1000 dollar car?? I've got a 280zx for sale with NO rust and that runs pretty good. Being a thiry year old Datsun, it needs interior work...just about everyone that's called seems to be expecting the car to need barely any work...

Anyone else have this problem??

Here's the ad...

http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/1248505845.html

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my area 1k is a fair price depending on mileage.

In the last year I have sold a z31, spl311, ford sho and a cavalier, I have learned people talk a lot of shit and are cheap lol. I got like 1000calls or emails on the sho, ya ya I'll be there tom, never come. Bid, win, never contact, never come. It's like everyone plays with imaginary money in their head or something.

The z31 guy went ape shit on me weeks later saying the clutch needs replacing. Like wtf should I pay for your gas too? Get lost lol.

ALL the cars were at ridiculous low prices, ford sho 60k miles and people are haggling 1500 asking price? You cant win....

It's sad but most times you need to set the price ABOVE what you actually want, because you know people will want to haggle it down.

I had a car for sale not long ago, and in the ad I even posted "Price is FIRM, please do not offer me any less, because otherwise I'll just keep it". I actually had a few people e-mail me with low ball offers. Thinking WTF, did you guys even read the frickin add??

Ya thats easy to say, people told me the same but sometimes it sucks to turn your house into a junkyard/parking lot. Over time parts and cars accumulate into an annoyance.

People are looking for the DEAL. And they think that they get the good deal if they are able to talk you down a lot. I say raise the price and let them talk you down. List it for about 1800, and when you take 1100, smile. And they thought that they got a deal.:lol:

People are looking for the DEAL. And they think that they get the good deal if they are able to talk you down a lot. I say raise the price and let them talk you down. List it for about 1800, and when you take 1100, smile. And they thought that they got a deal.:lol:

speaking of which i will give you $100 for that red truck:lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

The General Rule of Thumb for Used Cars.

$800 if drives but needs work.

$1200 runs well passes emissions

$1500 if has operational A/C

Other modifiers are Mileage, Tire Condition, Smoker/Non-Smoker that can all increase the cars value.

A Watertight Rust bucket that passes emissions, runs like a champ and has Cool A/C is 1400-1500.

Must Sell = Dicker Time

If the buyers do not like that, they can buy elsewhere.