Describe your ultimate Ratsun!

I started this because I want to describe my ultimate ratsun! I'd like to see what everyone else dreams of also... I think Icehouse probably already has 2 of his dream machines though :P

I've wanted to build one of these for a long time, but forgot about it untill today. I would like to build either a 240, or 280z (No 260, they're dumb), and put an LD28 diesel maxima engine in it! And put the manifold, and turbo from a 280zx L28ET on it. Just like that veggie car was! 5 speed. I would LOVE to make that, I would drive it everywhere!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 or 4 door 510 with original paint (one of the weird colors like cactus green, robin egg blue...something really mellow) in pretty good condition, but showing some wear, with an ITB'd sr20, fully adjustable heim jointed suspension, 15" watanabe's, roll bar, classic looking race buckets...something that you would look at and think it was just lowered, and the then it would dust any car on an auto-x course.

Oh yeah, and it would be REALLY low.

I think Icehouse probably already has 2 of his dream machines though :P

I really like all my datto's at this point. My list is really good to :D

1. 59 its a hell of a project but dam is it cool

2. 68 2 door 510 for years I have wanted one, I think the wipers are what do it for me :D

3. 71 1200 Its a piece right now but someday I want to put a hayabusa engine in her :D There is something about driving a 1600lbs pound car that I like.

4. 78 620 kc everyone needs a parts hauler and being tall the kc is required :D The big mirrors are cool to :D

one day I would like an NL320, and a 610. Maybe a roadster to since they are really what got me into datto's in the first place. I used to buy broke down datto's and fix them for extra cash. Since then I have realized you never get the car you want that way. I have since decide these 4 cars are not going to be sold any time soon. I really want another 68 510 that is straight enough to do a nice paint job on... Hey I can dream :D

2 or 4 door 510 with original paint (one of the weird colors like cactus green, robin egg blue...something really mellow) in pretty good condition, but showing some wear, with an ITB'd sr20, fully adjustable heim jointed suspension, 15" watanabe's, roll bar, classic looking race buckets...something that you would look at and think it was just lowered, and the then it would dust any car on an auto-x course.

Oh yeah, and it would be REALLY low.

Dude Carter has the car you speak of!!! he keeps telling me he is going to paint it to :eek: Its a 2 door with 60,000 a little damage in the drivers rocker, but dude it is HOT!!! I want to buy it but I have way to many cars if you haven't noticed :D

Good topic.

Hmm.

Well I have the 69 wagon, pretty much what I wanted in terms of mods I've done, not much left to do but the body and interior.

I have a 64 3-seat roadster, that has a mustang II front suspension and steering rack, that is getting the ka24de.....I would love to put some Altima SER wheels on it. It's not gonna have a top, summer sun only.

I also have a 73 240Z which is going to get mostly modern-motorsports suspension and brakes plus a VG33et.....should be interesting sub 2000 pound car with 300+hp......350Z forged track model wheels to round out the package.

The carrot will be my 68 1300 3 on the tree 510 fully restored and stock.

Good topic.

Hmm.

Well I have the 69 wagon, pretty much what I wanted in terms of mods I've done, not much left to do but the body and interior.

I have a 64 3-seat roadster, that has a mustang II front suspension and steering rack, that is getting the ka24de.....I would love to put some Altima SER wheels on it. It's not gonna have a top, summer sun only.

I also have a 73 240Z which is going to get mostly modern-motorsports suspension and brakes plus a VG33et.....should be interesting sub 2000 pound car with 300+hp......350Z forged track model wheels to round out the package.

The carrot will be my 68 1300 3 on the tree 510 fully restored and stock.

Someone needs to post pictures!!! your collection blows mine out of the water :D

after the hot rod show last week i started thinking crazy about doing something to my wagon...

new rear end with the wheels outside the fenders, low as possible, maybe pull the fenders (& redo the entire front end/suspension), VQ35 w/ blower though the hood...

kinda like this but w/ my wagon body

shine3nn.jpg

dreamin hard

My 520 on a 720 chassis: take the top off, chop the windshield 2", shave the hooks and door latches, bob the bed 9", "bomber" seats, no bumpers, louvered hood and tailgate, shaved turn signals, steelies w/trim rings. After all the chopping, maybe less than 2500#.

Where it goes from there? Hard to say. Too many flat black w/red wheels running around. Maybe blue w/ orange wheels? Done in a 1950's stock car theme?

Why a 720 chassis? Found one, a roller, with LZ24 and trans, for free. Actually, there are two for the same price. Only one engine/trans though.

How about an LZ24 with dual downdraft Kadrons? Very challenging.....

i have way WAY too many ideas to actually list them but the most basic description i can come up with is you take a 197x 620 single cab and make a ton of measurements and then build a tube chassis with 240sx running gear. modified to fit and mostly just aftermarket upgrades of regular 240 stuff. with a quick spooling SR20DET that makes around 250-275 on pump gas, basically a really reliable quick revving motor, that's turbo :D. then you section the body over the tube chassis and shorten the wheelbase to where the front of the rear wheels are just about 4-6 inches behind the cab and the tailgate is about 4-6 inches past the back of the rear wheels. chop the cab down about 4 inches and keep the A pillars at their proper angle. a roll back rag top roof. roll cage tied into the tube chassis. some 15" deep dish steelie-look wheels with slightly stretched tires, powdercoated gloss black, flat blank center caps, chrome lug nuts. i've gone over the paint scheme a million times in my head and i've never decided, so it would probably be flat black, but i would love it to be bare metal. black grille. interior is super basic, stock dash modified with raw aluminum riveted in, hidden stereo. pretty quiet inside the cab. i could literally go on and on and on... oh and it's gotta be slammed to it's nuts, but build the chassis so that the lowest point are some purpose built nubs, that are still a few inches off the ground. the end result is a bad ass tiny lil truck that will pull away from anything else i might come across on the street, that will pop in and out of traffic like it's on rails and is only big enough for me and one other person and an overnight bag. :D

edit: while i was typing this dream truck crabbyone posted his and it sounds bad ass and much more easily built compared to mine with almost the same outcome. good job crabby... we have a similair dream truck

Here you go Jeff!

I don't think my collection blows anything away but just blows.

IMGP6059%20(Small).JPG

DSCF0001r.jpg

7thzrims.jpg

68front.jpg

I want to see under the roadster :D how goes the suspension project? and some close ups of the 68, I think I may have seen it on your sight before?

My ultimate ratsun is baisicly this only with some Javin style.

41db6913.jpg

The inside would have the stock dash and interior (350z seats, carpet, a custom console and all electronics) done by me. I have special colors selected for the exterior and accessories that I wont discuss here because it is irrelivant. However you have already learned that I wan the Titan rims powdercoated GLOSS black. I am trying to keep it as Nissan/Datsun oriented as possible. I am a very simple person, I like simple looking vehicles... Does that truck look complicated? No, it has beautiful clean lines without interuptions...

my ultimate (the realistic kind):

my current 510 plus about $10,000 more. I think given that budget things would be pretty nice :D

The dream:

Early nissan patrol. KA or VG, probably put it on a shortened truck/pathy chassis, solid axle swap... go after the whole body with spray on bedliner, full cage, race seats, LOTS of off-road goodies. Build a (tall) trailor with a 521 or 620 bed, hmmmm...

DAMN THIS THREAD!!! now I won't bea able to EVER stop dreaming :D

my ultimate z is the one i own. bob sharp style body kit. and im working towards 250 rwhp one day (not there yet) no nos, no turbo! my truck is gonna get lowered, maybe a turbo, and a nice interior. i need to slap a chevy alternator in it for all my power goodies. and 17" chevy sttel rims from a silverado, just to keep it ratsun. gotta do a chin spoiler, and box cover. paint it the new honduh blue, and im off to the races. just gimme another year. and last is the bob sharp replica racecar 79era, that says it all.