One bad 240sx!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but there seems to be no mention of any aftermarket pistons and yet you did list HKS Cast-Iron Ductile Sleeves and I found this on the HKS website

HKS Ductile Iron Piston Sleeve for SR20DET. HKS ductile iron piston sleeve offers .87mm piston to bore clearance for the SR20DET motor. Sleeving is often needed for high horsepower applications (usually over 500+ rwhp). Any piston bigger than 87mm will need to be bored out to spec by a machine shop. These sleeves will not work with stock 86 or aftermarket 86.5mm pistons. These cylinder sleeves are recommended for race motors being built from the ground up.

So with that said your either leaving something out or making something up. Im going by what I see.

The parts listed make for a good build but the gaps make it unbelievable until an explination is given so thats pretty much where any respect for the car ends.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong but there seems to be no mention of any aftermarket pistons and yet you did list HKS Cast-Iron Ductile Sleeves and I found this on the HKS website

So with that said your either leaving something out or making something up. Im going by what I see.

The parts listed make for a good build but the gaps make it unbelievable until an explination is given so thats pretty much where any respect for the car ends.

It does in fact have CP pistons.

I shoulda known better than to post about his car. I'm just going off of what I have seen on the track on the street and all the work done to motor. And yes it does have brake mods, suspension mods too. But who cares, y'all prolly tell me how crappy those are too right? So, while you guys jump on the bandwagon to bash this car, I am going back to my JOB!

boohoo someone on the internet has a different opinion, to each his own my friend.

personally I like 240SX's and would love to check it out and take a ride in it if your bro lives in OR.

should come out to Canby this year.

Edited by Skib
boohoo someone on the internet has a different opinion, to each his own my friend.

personally I like 240SX's and would love to check it out and take a ride in it if your bro lives in OR.

should come out to Canby this year.

Ditto.. :D

I spend a lot of time on Zilvia, because the tech threads for the KA are very helpful. 15k in the engine to have only 350 at the wheels seems a bit high. I'm assuming a lot of that was in labor? For 15k, he could have built a badass KA-T setup, or if he did the work himself, probably a better car overall.

It seems like a great start, sure, but at the same time it looks like a stock S13 hatch with a parted out front end with a stupid kit, typical fanboy paintjob, stock SE wheels and a bottom mount turbo.

It has a long way to go before it's "badass"

"The 3071R is a brand new "450 HP" ball bearing turbo introduced by the Garrett engineers."

The GT30 class turbos do not make over 500 on small disp motors. The GT 3071R is only a medium frame trubo, and you need a large frame GT45 or GT47class turbo.

UneedNOSturboscooter.jpg

03' came and every kid with skinny jeans and a job at a movie theatre that never turned a wrench or even wired a stereo bought a 'rolla or 240 after they saw a drift show at irwindale or that crappy initial D cartoon.

hey.........I didn't work at a movie theater. :P

It does in fact have CP pistons.

I shoulda known better than to post about his car. I'm just going off of what I have seen on the track on the street and all the work done to motor. And yes it does have brake mods, suspension mods too. But who cares, y'all prolly tell me how crappy those are too right? So, while you guys jump on the bandwagon to bash this car, I am going back to my JOB!

I simply posed a question. I personally think the car looks decent if it had a paint job and some propper wheel fitment...I just asked because you seemed to have a pretty detailed list goin but left somethin out...how am I supposed to know?

Lesson of today is...make sure ya got all yer info before ya post...people are goin to ask. :)

"The 3071R is a brand new "450 HP" ball bearing turbo introduced by the Garrett engineers."

The GT30 class turbos do not make over 500 on small disp motors. The GT 3071R is only a medium frame trubo, and you need a large frame GT45 or GT47class turbo.

I have gt500 turbo's on my Z does this mean my Z at 15psi is faster to. LOL Actually it probably is.

Ok Im done my side hurts and I have better things to not do.

I havent read the other post but to the OP, 15 grand on just the motor is ridiculous for the output. I came from 240sx (which i have owned for 4 years) to datsuns. I have spent much less on my motor set up and its putting close to 325 rwhp. Plus having all that power on what looks like relatively stock suspension is pointless. Also i have yet to see a 850 hp sr20det (non race).

Edited by Clearalbino

Hey now

easy on the noob

I believe you man

15k is a drop on the bucket

They don't factor in all that JDM stuff you have there

It's all good

How about I race you on my NA Datsun 510?

Equipped with 3 speed auto, weber carb and a nice 68' powder coated valve cover.

If you beat me, I say your car is legit

Last 240 I raced blew a head gasket on his 20K engine.

While I still have the original head gasket on my engine.

I'm so jealous of your powder coated VC. I bet that added at least 200 visual horse power. Lucky bastard :lol:

Hey now

easy on the noob

I believe you man

15k is a drop on the bucket

They don't factor in all that JDM stuff you have there

It's all good

How about I race you on my NA Datsun 510?

Equipped with 3 speed auto, weber carb and a nice 68' powder coated valve cover.

If you beat me, I say your car is legit

Last 240 I raced blew a head gasket on his 20K engine.

While I still have the original head gasket on my engine.

I personally think it's a matter of perspective , if the fastest car you have been in has 350 rwh and weights 3k it will seem very fast next to your Moms Camry.

It`s kind of like when some friends where caravanning to a Nissan car show a couple of years ago, and all of the cars where modified turbo z's . When one of the members of the caravan found out a 510 would be joining in He asked "Do you think He is going to be able to keep up" After I freight trained His 300zxtt at 135mph when His car was at full boost ,I think His mind changed.

I bet he runs pump gas also, or E85.

Actually, I will be running both and will be looking out for a certain 620 ( you will know it`s my car from the rising sun sticker it the back window)

i think this whole thread got way out of hand.. i mean ya maybe he shouldnt of posted something like that here.. an maybe on one of the sr20 forums but we dont need to burn him so bad, even if he's misinformed or if his bro dumped money to have a shop do the work for him .. or whatever.. its a cool car in its own little way.. and let him think it can beat everything out there... he'll be sad when he finds out what its full potential is.. i mean ya its fast but c'mon...

someone should just lock the thread an let him start over lol..

I CALL REDO!!

i bet with an lsd an some suspension it would drift like a champ!! which is where the 240 dominates.. no 327 620 is gonna compete there..

A properly set up a 620 will drift very well, there is no weight over the rear. A bunch of s13-15's have even chopped the backs off pick up truck style for that reason. Add a 327 and gobs of tq and you don't think it can't compete? 08 FD 2nd,3rd,4th,8th place were v8 cars. How many in top 10 were s13-15? None. How many were I4's? I believe one. See the trend? lol

There is nothing special about a s13 that makes it good for drifting other then the fact there are a million taxed parts for it all these people can just bolt on, rwd, and a bunch of them to replace the ones people fuck up.

Edited by 72240z