VQ35DE Swap????

i know that white one that is for sale for 15000 has one anyone know how difficult this swap is ????

i know flip crossmember and custom mounts, cut tranny tunnel out to clear 6 speed, intake needs to be modified to work, and wiring needs to be done anything im missing??

the reason im thinking about it is i can get a motor 6 speed tranny wiring harness and ecu with 7000 miles out of a 07 g35 coupe for 1000 bucks

I was planning a sr swap but if i can do this cheaper it makes me think:rolleyes:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say buy it and try it. At that price, if all else fails, resell. I've seen tons of VG swap into dimes. One guy in my hometown has the VG conversion down to a simple science. How different could the VQ really be from that? Shiet, buy it and sell it to me for profit! ;)

-Brian

How different could the VQ really be from that?

-Brian

Different in almost every way that 2 v6's could be.

I agree to buy it though, to sell. Then use the money to use a more original drive train, because if I'm going to go through 100% custom install I'd like the originality to be there. To follow suite there are better options. That's just me though, go for it if you like it.

I think on the 1 to 10 scale, they are considered a 11 if the SR20DET is a 10.

HAHA yeah an SR is a 10, well depending on how the swap is done :D

It would be a cool swap but I think the engine is a bit overkill IMO. My SR running everything stock except the boost turned up a bit on the stock turbo could beat a 350z pretty bad. The 350z is heavier but imagine a slightly built SR...

I guess my answer would be if your like me and just like fucking around with cars for no real good reason it would be an awesome swap. If your just building a car to drive thats fun an Sr would be easier because it's been done, it's smaller, there are kits, ect....

I just can't imagine having that lump cantilevered over the front of my car. It would be nice to weigh a car with a SR, and one with a VQ. Just for fun :D

HAHA yeah an SR is a 10, well depending on how the swap is done :D

It would be a cool swap but I think the engine is a bit overkill IMO. My SR running everything stock except the boost turned up a bit on the stock turbo could beat a 350z pretty bad. The 350z is heavier but imagine a slightly built SR...

I guess my answer would be if your like me and just like fucking around with cars for no real good reason it would be an awesome swap. If your just building a car to drive thats fun an Sr would be easier because it's been done, it's smaller, there are kits, ect....

I just can't imagine having that lump cantilevered over the front of my car. It would be nice to weigh a car with a SR, and one with a VQ. Just for fun :D

The VQ doesn't weigh much more than a KA24DE.