Rubbermans 620 KC

Seems like you could just get the tumblers replaced or rearranged to match and have a key cut that will work both. I have seen datsun lock tumbler/pinning kits on ebay and craigslist for like 8 bucks but are usually 20-50 smackers. I believe some toyotas and subarus used the same lock cylinders....:confused: I'm not a locksmith by any means though:blink:. I would get at least 2 or 3 locksmith opinions!

Don't see any datsun ones right now, but here is an example of a pinning kit for Chrysler: Chrysler Pinning Kit

Edited by ezcruiser
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt get door keys to my 620 when i bought it, so i took both door lock cylinders and the ignition switch to a locksmith. Told them i wanted one key to fit all three cylinder. An hour later it was done and it only cost me $14.:D

They re-pinned all three cylinders and cut me two new keys for them.

Finally got the time and the weather cleared up to do the pass. door. Here's some pics. Also the window felt strips that i had gotten from JC whitney are the wrong size. They fit perfect, but are not wide enough when I roll up the window, the window flops around. Have to look into that one.

Picture194.jpg

Picture193.jpg

Hinges

Picture192.jpg

Had to do alittle touch up on a run spot.

Picture191.jpg

Thanks fellas, well, got everything buttoned up tonight, except no windows until I get the felt situated, but took her out of the garage under her own power. Steerings good and tight, brakes are great, rides smooth, but I need alot of tuning on the carb and timing, she idles fine but no power, real slugish, like it's just bogging down when I hit the gas. I wanted to do a video, but I wanted to do alittle test run first, so I don't look like more of a dumbarse than I already am. As soon as I get the kinks out of her (fingers crossed), I'll get a video up.

Thanks fellas, well, got everything buttoned up tonight, except no windows until I get the felt situated, but took her out of the garage under her own power. Steerings good and tight, brakes are great, rides smooth, but I need alot of tuning on the carb and timing, she idles fine but no power, real slugish, like it's just bogging down when I hit the gas. I wanted to do a video, but I wanted to do alittle test run first, so I don't look like more of a dumbarse than I already am. As soon as I get the kinks out of her (fingers crossed), I'll get a video up.

Awesome Rusty , I can't wait to see the video

Update here, well I did some searching and finally decided to watch Hainzs video to see what I could learn. Hainz is the man, at the end of the video when he was installing the dist. he pointed out the firing order of 1342, well, I had that right, just going in the wrong direction,(yes, I'm an idiot) I had it in my head the firing order went clockwise, which I could have swore that was right, but I went out and put the firing order in counterclockwise and bam she runs great. I drove her down the road, just got to do some fine tuning, she's got alittle hesitation when I kick her in.

Slam, you da man. Thanks Ghetto, I don't know about the best, but I've tried to do a good job on her. It's about 1:00 in the morning and just got thru watching some MMA fights on the tube and now I'm heading back out to the garage to do some tinkering. My wife of course thinks I'm nuts, but she knows I'm alittle excited. I've been workin on it for so long and just about there. I took it out on the interstate earlier and she drives great, alittle cold without the door glass in, but the windshield could have been out, I just wanted see how she drove. I was waiting for something to fall off that I forgot to tighten up, but so far so good.