Another Photoshoot today!

NorCalDime

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubba-hubba!!

Nice tuck on those back wheels! They gotta rub!

Go get yourself a front bumper, install and enjoy!

They dont rub at all! The lip on the inside of the inner fender got some love from a 15lb sludge. There is plenty of room in there. That is a 205/55/15 too.

They dont rub at all! The lip on the inside of the inner fender got some love from a 15lb sludge. There is plenty of room in there. That is a 205/55/15 too.

Well in that case...... GREAT WORK!

You just earned yourself a spot on my "favorite 510" list!

It is nice but that rear camber..... makes the car too unfinished. Got to be rough on tire wear and add excessive oversteer on corners. It's still a nice looking car.

The tire wear im surprised isnt all that bad. I am still too lazy to get down in there and slot my x member so it works for now. Grips fairly well too. i can take sweeping onramps onto the freeway at the top top of third with little to no tire screech.

Looks great.

What front struts are you running?

280z shortened w/ coilover sleeves

Chris, the tire wear is bad... Just not after only a week of driving! In a few months, you'll see some heavier wear on the inside. Your car looks great... in pictures! Haha!

Ive had this same amount of camber, maybe more actually on my old wheels. i drive about 35 miles roundtrip to work each day and my dime is my DD so it gets used alot.

My old tires lasted 11 months before they showed steel and got a flat. That was with numerous rain drifting sessions and a few dry ones.

Camber wear isnt as bad as people make it out to be... To me it is like people that complain about gas prices when they drive a performance car.

But i do want to slot my x member and get some of it out.

Car looks good. I like the stance. Well, maybe the front could go down a little more, but that's just me.

One trick you can do to prolong rear tire life is to have them swapped left to right, evening out the wear from camber. Or if you drive hard enough, you won't have any problem with camber wear.

I personally don't care about the wear issues associated with camber. If it's within reason (rotating tires/replacing them once a year), I think it's a sacrifice I can live with if my fitment is good and the car looks awesome.

It's all a tradeoff. We could stick to stock ride height and stock engines and stock this and stock that, but that's not cool!

Easy for you to say with a wagon. :D Rear camber won't change on yours.

If I had a 510 car I would likely lower it too, but I would want it to be first and fore most, for a lowering of center of gravity to improve handling and would include proper camber angle and suspension geometry. Form should always follow function... and not the other way around. Letting a cars coolness and looks (form) dictate how it runs and performs (function) is.... well, backwards. But hey, just my opinion.