Bubble window thread

Steroid

I know on many different threads We have talked about bubble windows. I first remember them in van conversions. In about 1976 they were starting to be made and sold for mini trucks. You guys might not know this, but at one time You could get them for almost ANY model mini truck!! I have photos of them even in a 520 as well as 521s, 620s, kingcabs, Luvs, Couriers, Mazdas, Toyota SR-5s AND HILUXS! But I had forgotton about these................

720bubblewindow2.jpg

720bubblewindow1.jpg

It appears that even in 1980 You could get them for a kingcab 720. I have not seen a set of these in many, many years. The tailgate on this truck says DATSUN so I am guessing that it is a 1980. How about that?!????

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mike that is the look i am needing for (flashback), except for the wheels, those would be cool also, same color too, heck now i don't even need to build it, i'll just use that picture:lol::lol:, wow..thx tom

dads760030.jpg

Speakin of bubble windows..I wonder if this type of shell is still available...those had the tinted bubble windows on the sides...seen anything like this Mike...ya got me wonderin if ol yeller might look good with the yeller shell........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ron

pac the van bubbles are still available thru 1 shop in la, and i remember those shells back in the day, mike i'm just gonna make a blow up of your blue king kab and carry it around with me to shows..:lol:

• 1 year later...

On a 110 degree plus day, what do You do???? You scan magazines!!!!

What I found was pretty interesting showing other bubble windows that were sold long ago:

1001TVI1-7788.jpg

Check it out!!! (try finding one of THOSE!!!)

• 3 weeks later...

dads760030.jpg

Speakin of bubble windows..I wonder if this type of shell is still available...those had the tinted bubble windows on the sides...seen anything like this Mike...ya got me wonderin if ol yeller might look good with the yeller shell........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ron

holy hell! i'd swear that truck is about 2 blocks from my house, haha at least a twin, i have been tryin to talk him out of it forever, finally got him to say he would trade for a running car or truck, he actually hates it?!?!?! says its too slow, haha anyway i may own a 73 620 with a vintage camper shell soon :cool: