Carbon Fiber Hood for 620

Farmer

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell a fiberglass one is almost as much. I have a couple question into these guys Im looking at getting red CF or Fiberglass what ever. Kinda to match my truck. Will see what answers they give back.

shipping to hawaii was 350 and some change :mad: think ill pass

i emailed this guy to see if he makes 521 hoods and said not yet maybe later, he is located in san ysidro about 15 mins south of me and the first city across the border from tj.. maybe it will be cheaper if mailed out from tj

it is nice to have a hood replacement option. Unpainted carbon fiber is gay though.

Not as much so as using "gay" to describe things. :lol:

Carbon fiber = sexy

if they do colors and will go blue kevlar, I would buy one, hell red would be fine too!

This is the quote I got from them today. I asked if they have any other colors, and about the structure of there product. This is what I got back.

"Dear vette*66,

Hello, we can make silver, black/yellow, black/red and black/blue. In any case it is $95 more for other than black. I do not think our hoods have to reinforced, we make them with an inner structure as you can see on the 3rd pic."

Everyone is welcome to their opinion but I find it utterly ridiculous someone could call carbon fiber "tacky". Esp on a site called ratsun, whats rattle can paint jobs and rust? classy?

683780.jpg

t8-13c.jpgcarbon-fiber-wheel-2.jpg

pagani_zonda_r_top_view.jpg

Edited by 72240z

that car is ridiculous! In a good way! It looks good because it is all one color.

And yes, I think that spray paint and rust is tacky also, but who is going to put a carbon fiber hood on said vehicle?

I think that mix matched panels on a vehicle are tacky, especially finished ones. A little ironic coming from a mini trucker, I know... :lol:

that car is ridiculous! In a good way! It looks good because it is all one color.

And yes, I think that spray paint and rust is tacky also, but who is going to put a carbon fiber hood on said vehicle?

I think that mix matched panels on a vehicle are tacky, especially finished ones. A little ironic coming from a mini trucker, I know... :lol:

I can totally agree it can be done way wrong but so can paint, that's all I'm saying. Wouldn't go calling paint tacky or bad etc because of all the horrid paint jobs running around, no? It's not carbon fibers fault when people have bad taste lol.

The mismatching panels I think can go either way. The JUST hood thing Is played but like what if you trimmed your car in cf instead of chrome? Flares, hood, window trim etc on say a gloss black car, imo that would look fantastic. A honda with a $200 "cf" hood? Not at all :D

our trucks came from a time before carbon fiber. let's keep it that way. putting it on our trucks would seem like having a carbon fiber '32 roadster or something. you just dont see it. keep it metal.

Again everyone is welcome to their opinion, fine with me. When I read something like this though I can't help but think small minded purist bullshit. So I guess front disk brakes are wrong, or bagging, or coil overs, or fuel injection, or leds etc.... Lets strip the urethane paints and modern compound tires off too while we are at it. Just don't tell the like 95% of datsun owners who implement them.......

Edited by 72240z
It's not carbon fibers fault when people have bad taste lol.

:lol::lol::lol: So... true! I bet there are lots of people out there that haven't got a clue about cf, other than they can recognize it by it's distinctive 'look'. They are the ones who go out an buy a cf shift knob. It's for accessorizing only. If I had a chance to have totally cf truck, (and it would have to be all and not just parts like a hood) I would likely take it for the lightness, strength and rust resistance and not for the 'look'. I don't 'get' the look but that's ok I can paint it with faux rust stains along the rockers. :lol::lol:

rattle canned carbon hood :lol: that's where it's at.

oh and a $300 carbon hood is way different than a $750,000 carbon car. Even the structure of the carbon is different. As soon as they start making a 521 carbon frame, I'll start thinking about it.

Edited by Madness

if it drops my weight, ill do CF all day, granted its safe...If there is a huge price tag then maybe not, but you get my point. Imagine a 620 under 2200 pnds with about 200rwhp...:) Yeah its not drag racer, and all that crap, but im sure it would be alot of fun to drive with upgraded suspension/brakes...

so whos got a link for a CF box, cab, and fenders, and the like :D