My 74 620

djt0ast

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You put the 5spd in?

Actually I bought it with a 5 speed in it... I believe it's a 280z 5 speed... I'm still just learning how to work on these trucks again through... I could be wrong, but that's what the guy I bought it from said.

There is lot's of stuff that needs to be done to the truck... So any suggestions would be much appreciated.

There is lot's of stuff that needs to be done to the truck... So any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Simple routine maintenance, checks and adjustments. Look through the posts, FAQ. This place is a cornucopia when it comes to suggestions. :lol:

Nice truck!

Nice lookin' truck .... not nearly as rusty as mine .... but it's all good:D

PEACE WRAT

It's pretty rusty... But one thing that I found out from Bagged_Datsun, is that I actually have a L20b engine, not an L18... That was some good news, out of kind of a bad news day...

My hood latches now!! Woohoo! I went to my buddies house yesterday and, he was able to break both hinges loose, and grease the crap out of them, and re-weld them back in... It's not perfect, but what can I ask for, for free?? The support in the middle underneath the hood latch was also snapped in half, so he welded that back on too... There are now 2 screws that won't go on in the grill... But I'll live with that for now... The hood also had pretty bad damage from the previous owners accident, but we were able to bend the hood out just enough to where it latches perfectly!!

I am so glad I don't have to hold the hood on with bungee's anymore, and the hood release lever works great! The truck actually is really quiet now with the hood latched like it should've been all along.

Edited by djt0ast

Next projects:

Remove floor rust, and paint.

Paint the grill black, epoxy on the chrome rings so they never come off again! :)

Bondo and paint the fender that I got from bagged_datsun (Thanks again man!)

Look for a decent hood, and find new hardware for it as well... Mine is now only held on with 2 bolts!! Haha!

dang guy, your dash is almost prefect!! i wish mine was that uncracked :rolleyes:

yeah man, lower it some, paint them wheels black, itll look good!

oh yeah, what epoxy did you use to stick them headlight rings on the grille? ive got a set that i wanna put on mine, but the little tabs are all busted off.

Edited by Farmer Joe