Nissan Cube, WTF?!

Carlos Ghosn needs to be kicked in his frenchie frog balls! WTF is this ri-goddamn-diculous Cube piece of shit? It's like Nissan has completely forgotten it's roots! I'm almost out of words for the utter tripe they have been infecting upon the automobile market. The Versa/Megane was horrible enough, now this Toyota XB-looking turd of the future is bragging ass-ymetry!

DID THE WORLD GO NUTS OR IS IT JUST ME?!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH NISSAN?!!!! STOP MAKING SHIT!! STOP MAKING ASYMETRICAL SHIT!!! WHO GAVE THE DUMBASS FRENCH FROG DESIGN SCHOOL INTERN FULL REIGN OF THE CREATIVE DESIGN TEAM?!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! I'm going to beat my head against the wall and fall asleep now.

(Note, I am 1/8 asshole, (French) so I can belittle the frogs.) :D

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Cube has been in the Japanese market longer than the Toyota (Scion) Xb (or whatever X it is). So Nissan saw how well they're selling those Scions and decided to import what they already sell at home...pretty smart of them actually. Not my cup of tea per se but seeing that they're small, big cargo capacity, and they're relatively inexpensive, I'm sure they'll sell well.

Id rather see an oblivious soccer mom behind the wheel of a small asymmetrical POS than a Quest or a Chrysler or a damn Excursion or something. Id rather get t-boned by one too if I had to make a choice. Unfortunately I dont think that is the intended market.

At least they are semi-economical and functional if not aesthetically pleasing. For some reason they make me think of Hello Kitty and little tiny cans of Coca Cola and fishy smelling ramen bowls... It would be great if they made one with a small turbo diesel and factory supported mods kind of like the scion... only better.

I spotted this RHD (look closely) model that was sent over here last summer while I was tooling around for work.

Since the EPA doesn't allow us common folk to send over later model cars, why do manufacturers get to do it?

I've read a review or two of it in the car mags, and they say it is extremely underpowered and the Scion is the one to buy.

cube.jpg

cube1.jpg

UPSET MUCH?:lol: YEAH, THEY AREN'T MUCH TO LOOK AT ARE THEY? SORRY! didn't mean to yell at you... :o We have the Honda Element (which I think looks better) AAAAAAAH! what the fiuck? IT, looks like shit on a stick.

Element-D_102.jpg

I guess the largest interior other than a sphere would be a cube. If you don't care about looks and have to carry people or loads this is the thing to get to maximize space.

I'm 100% British so I have to belittle the French because of genetics.:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by datzenmike

I like the first gen Scion XB. I also like the basic look of the first gen Cube, but the thing I can't get past is the weird wraparound back/side window. I could never bring myself to buy a car that was different on each side. Symmetry is the basis of car design.

Now, if the Megane/Versa looked like that, I'd sure as hell buy it! Is that one rear or front drive or both? Actually, I'd only buy it if it was rear or awd, not front, but that's just me. Front wheel drive is the devil Bobby Bouche! :D

I think we need another Mr. K to resurrect Datsun of North America only. Nothing but small, affordable, easily raceable lightweight rwd machines.

Now, if the Megane/Versa looked like that, I'd sure as hell buy it! Is that one rear or front drive or both? Actually, I'd only buy it if it was rear or awd, not front, but that's just me. Front wheel drive is the devil Bobby Bouche! :D

I think we need another Mr. K to resurrect Datsun of North America only. Nothing but small, affordable, easily raceable lightweight rwd machines.

The Megane is FWD. The Megane Trophy(race car) is a midship turbo-v6 with RWD and an automatic transmission.

Sadly I don't think that's going to happen any time in the foreseeable future. Nissan has concepts and plans to turn the 240sx into what the 240z was. Affordable rwd i4(turbo) for about 20k. I guess after almost a decade of drifting fan boys Nissan is finally deciding to collect. I agree with you but it's hard to see how the z would still be successful if it didn't conform to compete and kick the shit out of the competition in more categories then just speed.

I personally don't like any of the new cube things although that Kia is the best looking imo. Thats like picking that best looking turd in a pile though.

I hate the scion the most just because it's a scion, idk about the rest of the country but here scions are worse then hondas.

It shouldn't be that surprising though that they are all shoe boxing it up. Suv sales are way down, people got a $5/gal slap in the face recently. Have to fill that void with something or else what would all the wana be trendy people rock to Starbucks? :lol:

I remember a while back a younger kid at autocross brought a then new scion xb, or whichever is the breadbox and he had already TOTALLY CUSTOMIZED it! By which I mean he put bigger rims with tiny tires on it. :D

So it was box stock, but the rules plainly state optional rim sizes are ok for stock class, not bigger. He had 17s or something. So he had to race in STS I think and attempted to guide his shit poor non-souped up box around the course, squealing and rolling like a little piggy on roller skates. Needless to say his times were dog slow, and I think he showed up to a couple events after that, then just bitched that the rules needed changing so he could be competitive. Someone pointed out the car had something to do with it, I think. Hehe.

Subnote: I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Nissan died in 1998. In my opinion, they've forgotten everything they used to know about speed and heritage. It truly is sad.

Hey 72240z, check out the "past" section on http://www.dpcars.net. The guy who runs the site had a xB that he took to track days a few times. It is interesting to see what it could do in the right hands. Suprised alot of faster machinery. I'm not saying that I'm a huge fan of them, but it would be funny to be keeping up with semi-exotics in a toaster oven.

As for the Cube (and all other kei type cars that they are bringing over), I dig it. I would rather see soccer moms driving these small cars than some of the monsters that are on the road right now.