Backwoods tribute '72 521

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully, my belt buckle doesn't scratch your paint while I'm pleasuring myself on your truck!! :)

That is so stinking awesome!!! Kinda makes me want to put shiny paint on the NL!

Did you have to wetsand and buff that clear? I don't see any texture in it at all. Is it cause there isn't any or we just can't see it? It looks glass smooth and I don't think I've ever seen anyone lay clear down like that. Maybe you color sanded the base coat? WOW!

Of course.....my favorite part of this truck you can't even see :(

Your truck is stupid.

:lol:Just kidding...I'm just freakin out right now! My paint has so much orange peel I have actually sarted calling it grapefruit peel...then I went to Cantaloupe peel...then I started calling it a topographical map of California.

yours on the other hand looks like my computer screen.:blink:

I am a huge fan...not as much as klotz...thats just gross man!:D

Best looking color combo I have seen on a rig in a while.!

I feel a respray comin on for my rig. At least partial.........not like klotz feels a partial comin on....different.....WAY different!:lol:

BY THE WAY...............................

Bed liner looks great, I used the real LINE-X on mine and have been super happy with the product, well worth the $

But, by far the coolest thing happenin on the rear of your truck is the bed hooks INSIDE the bed........:eek::eek::eek:

Well done man!

I was so busy looking at the dents in the floor of the bed.....and trying to figure out how to give Andy crap about it......that I didn't even notice the hooks!! Schwing!! :)

...and denver............me thinks someone's just jeolous that I don't need a little blue pill to get it up! LOL :) .....I quit with my NL after the first tetnis shot :)

I did all the paint work myself but I had one of my helpers at work practice slinging mud on the bed, doors, and tailgate. lets just say he learned alot and it turned out really nice. My dad helped me out a ton on all the blocking, wetsanding primer, and preping before paint. And of course my brother has done all the mechanical so without him this would not have been possible.

as for selling this truck, everything is for sale for the right price, but I plan on driving it for a while at least trough the summer. But my ultamate goal is a 4 door 521 family hauler. So if some one had a nice one of those I would really like to do some bartering.

and the paint is just like it was when it came out of the gun. I havent sanded pr polished any or it. I used a new clear for this shoot and I really like the way it sprayed. It layed out like glass and stayed up on the panels so Im happy with it.

I new some one was going to have to say somthing about the dents it the bead (MIKE). But I was wondering when someone was going to notice he hooks. That was my brothers idea, and when my helper (Jake) cut them off I told him about flipping them to the inside and he said I had to do it so we did. Now I call the "Jake Hooks".

of course for the clear to lay out that smooth, the base coat had to be perfect too!! That's awesome that it flowed out like that and didn't sag at all!! I'll be doing single stage...even after cut/buff, I don't expect it to be that smooth :(

510 makes more sense!! I thought that was a pretty tall order to want a 4dr 521! :) You've seen my wagon...it's close to perfect....we can talk :) lol

Dents........I've taken it upon myself to keep you humble! :) They actually give a person an idea of how rough the original truck might have been. Let's them know it was actually a "truck". I guess I'll have to fix the dents in my bed floors now.....unless I'm sure you've forgotten about it when I get to them :)

The Jake hooks are awesome!! Plus....if you're cruisin' around with a bed full of hot chicks.....they won't be able to jump ship at the stop light when they get caught on them!!! Always a plus!! I can't tell you how many times that's happened in the NL(no hooks) :)

Just one more adding to what everyone else said. This thing is awesome. To the average person, it looks like a nice old datsun pickup until they get a little closer and realize it's nicer than any datsun they've ever seen before.

To datsun fanatics it's like a piece of art. I like how it has a stock look with all kinds of subtle custom details. I totally missed the hooks:lol: Anyway, nice job!! I can't wait to see it at Canby.

cheater.....those aren't '72 tail lights! :) You didn't go for the tri colors? The smaller ones are a bit nicer, but they don't have the reflectors built in....that's why the '68-69 had the flectors on the bottom bed corners. That lettering sure came out nice!!

?:blink:

Hello...?

It's been several hours since your last update...:confused:

Should I go find another pimp?:rolleyes:

Keep it up man...doin great work. i look forward to any news.:)

I can tell you that the rear bumpers are on and the rear is another inch lower. Still waiting on the fuel tank being cleaned out at the radiator shop. They've only had it for 3 weeks. It may run the same bungee mounted gas can that got the 520 to Canby last year. We love waiting till the last minute around here. It looks pretty good in person. He's been getting a lot of compliments on the color by people who have seen it in person. See you guys on Sunday.

Edited by DRIVEN
See you guys on Sunday.

Canby....SUNDAY???:eek:

Well...I know that I won't make it. It is interesting though to see just how many people put their projects on the "Canby Clock"....gotta gettem done by Canby!:D

Hope all you freaks have fun out there...and Hope it don't rain too much.:blink:

oh man looks sweet.. any close up pics on the side view mirror and mounting technique :D

Simple bolt on over the door edge hot-rod "Peep" mirror. Check:

http://www.thehotrodgirl.com/peepmirrors.html

Sweet freekin truck man! And...great job hurryin up too! Canby here you come!:cool:

the wink mirror was from SOCAL speed shop. I ran the same one on the 520. got alot of the little details that seem to talk along time time to do done today. I finished the interior and installed the seat belts. still need to install the wiper blades, lets just hope I won't need them tomorrow. I got to say I had doubts about this truck making it to Canby this year. I am really lucky to have familly and friends willing to help me out so much. See you all tomorrow.

001-4.jpg

002-5.jpg

004-5.jpg

031-2.jpg

032-2.jpg

023-2.jpg

Sweet! While I know that you are very busy today with Canby...and all that stuff...would you please get me close up shot of the shifter cover and how you finished that area off?

Looks really good man!