Backwoods tribute '72 521

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This truck was beat when I got it, litterally. In the first picture ycan see the roof was tacoed by a bat or pipe. The prvious owner took about five swings at it breaking out the windshield and drivers wing and door glass. here are some more photos I found.

DYLANDATSUN521196.jpg

DYLANDATSUN521198.jpg

]DYLANDATSUN521199.jpg

DYLANDATSUN521201.jpg

My son loves this truck even named it MAVIS. forgot how young he was when we drug it home.

DYLANDATSUN521206.jpg

DYLANDATSUN521208.jpg

there really are no secrets. It was all just alot of hammer "off" dolly followed by alot of hammer "on" dolly. Then hours upon hours of mud and glaze work. I did use my morgan knocker to straighten the core support. But I posted all the pictures I took and you can see in those that there wasn't a square 6 inches that I didn' have a skim coat on. As for the shifter I just patched the original shifter hole with some sheet metal, then relocated the new hole. the new hole is a smaller diameter but then I was able to use my torn boot.

006-7.jpg[/img]

007-6.jpg[/img]

009-5.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I completely agree with you guys, my little brother does nice work. He's been without internet access for a few months but there hasn't really been much progress on his own projects lately anyway. Life gets busy and he's been spending his free time on other people's cars. He's just finishing a '67 Mustang and will be starting on a '68 El Camino soon after. I will pass on your compliments, though. ;)