Backwoods tribute '72 521

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0022-1.jpg[/img]

MONEY SHOT!!!!!!!!

Yeah..."BAM" the sound of my brain exploding :blink:when I see this awesome color combo. It looks well on the way to being ready for a trip down the highway and into the past...when they made stuff that looked cool. I love the seat. I am trying to go the same "old flippin awesome" direction with mine.

I really like your truck man:cool:

Well done.:)

So I drove it Friday night, fires right up, tranny shifts great in all gears, discbrakes stop great. And with new shocks on all four conners it seams to ride smooth. So now I need to reunite the bed after it dries so I can do the final ride hight adjustments and when I get the gas tank back from the radiator shop I can bolt that in also. Pictures of the bed

0013.jpg

0053.jpg

0073.jpg

0083.jpg

0093.jpg

0113.jpg

0123.jpg

I saw an article the other day in Street Trucks I think. They took the chip guard stuff you used on the bottom and sprayed it in as a bed liner. I'm pretty sure they sprayed the paint on top of it so they had a body colored bed liner. My friend Dave was then talking about how you can get the chip guard in clear..................so....what do you think about painting the bed (Mine...not yours :) and then shooting it with the clear chip guard(if clear is actually available)?? I don't expect Mend to be a "hauler"...so it sounds like the chip guard would work.

By the way.....what kind of bedliner are you using?

I used "SKS euro coat" as the chip guard on both the 520 and 521. It is a great product made by "Wurth" to duplicate european cars heavy texture. It comes in biege, gray, and black. I used the black to do the inside of the bed on the 520 and it worked fine but it alot more exspensive and not as durable as an off the self spray in liner, because that is not what is intended to do. Chip guard, or "rocker shultz" is somewhat soft and rubberey so it can absorb a rock without chipping or cracking the paint. This makes it easier to scrape or gouge, wich is not ideal for truck bed. But if you aren't planing on hauling gravel or scrape engine blocks in your bed it will work. They also make tintable bed liners too.

I think its called "Raptor skin", and I bought it from a friend for $75. He had ran out when he was doing the inside of a work van, so he went back to buy more and they had ran out of the "cheaper" brand he was using so he had to buy this. But he only needed to use one of the four cans that came in the kit.

So I bailed him out on the rest because I need to do mine so it all worked out.

You can pobably pick from three differant brand that range from $100-$150. I will take some pictures of what I got and the finished product and post tonite.

if i remember right when he was doing his last truck i belive he said he found it at work. i have looked on ebay and googled and all kinds of stuff i can find them for chevy and ford but not datsun. would be nice to have.