Bull Run

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would throw a vg in my 610 before i tried it my partner would be zerow if he's up to it suspentionwise i would run coilovers on all 4 corners fronts being 280zx struts using wilwood brakes on all 4 corners with 13 inch rotors and 4 piston calapers up front and 2 piston on 10 inch rotors out back addco swaybars front and back mild cage with harness mounts subi lsd the vg would eather be an na monster or it would go turbo but eather way would need to be set up for optimal output and throttle responce not sure on the trans though depends on who my partner would be cause i know zerow would need an auto but if i can use a stick it would be a 5 speed 300zx trans

all in all i love the show and would love to take a bad ass 610 up against lambos, pantaras, mustangs and such and show them a datto can keep up and outhandle them all :fu:

the last time I saw it... the fastest vehicle did poorly (lambo), the best handling only fair average (lotus elise), and of all things... the fricken F150 placed first the most??? its fuckin setup... it was like watchin a ford commercial.

It wasn't a ford commercial? :lol:

Also what would the point of a 6 speed be? Not enough hp to run out the final and no need for mpg, makes for a useless 6th gear and the same 1-5 ratios possible. If anything MORE for the vg tranny, the turbo is a borg warner, what ratios don't they have for those things? Just my opinion.

Troys girlfriend looked into it for us we thought about taking his Bluebird and beating up on some newer cars... Unfortunatly there is something about you cant have had any professional driving experiance at all so Troy wouldnt be able to attend. kinda crappy, It would be cool to see an old Datsun fly by a new lambo or shelby and whop up on them in the events :D

Clayton

the last time I saw it... the fastest vehicle did poorly (lambo), the best handling only fair average (lotus elise), and of all things... the fricken F150 placed first the most??? its fuckin setup... it was like watchin a ford commercial.

It's not about top speed all the time. it's a good pace...and decent gas milage.

IIRC Rawlings in the Avalance placed 2nd (and by a short margin to Roy's M5) in the Gumball 3000.

Edited by antonio97b

Also what would the point of a 6 speed be? Not enough hp to run out the final and no need for mpg, makes for a useless 6th gear and the same 1-5 ratios possible. If anything MORE for the vg tranny, the turbo is a borg warner, what ratios don't they have for those things? Just my opinion.

I would not run the B-W from a Z31. There were three trannys used in the Z31. In order of strength and reliability they are:

FS5R90A ('84-'84 turbo Borg/Warner) can handle an inline six but not a VG, it's just not up to it. Though a Borg Warner it's not the same as those used in mustangs. It's plus side is that rebuild parts are cheap.

FS5W71C (non turbo) Owners with blown FS5R90As have switched to these with good results.

FS5R30A ('87-'89 turbo) The ultimate. Used in the Z32 cars and VG trucks. Handles huge horsepower.

I would not run the B-W from a Z31. There were three trannys used in the Z31. In order of strength and reliability they are:

FS5R90A ('84-'84 turbo Borg/Warner) can handle an inline six but not a VG, it's just not up to it. Though a Borg Warner it's not the same as those used in mustangs. It's plus side is that rebuild parts are cheap.

FS5W71C (non turbo) Owners with blown FS5R90As have switched to these with good results.

FS5R30A ('87-'89 turbo) The ultimate. Used in the Z32 cars and VG trucks. Handles huge horsepower.

That's what z bum says on his page too. I prefer the b&w for bullrun because even though not that same as the ford or gm ones used a lot of the parts are interchangeable and there is super strong after market support, not just shifters and rebuilds but bullet proof internals at w/e ratios the car needs. A person could in theory use w/e B&W they want too changing the bell housing and the input shaft or just using the right size clutch on w/e input they have.

If it was my car to daily or w/e I'd prob go with the stronger nissan and call it a day, but not racing. I still think for that app the B&W is superior.