620 standard cab bucket seats.

HRH

Yes, I DID use the search function, couldn't find what I wanted to know.

I have the standard cab 620 and my bench seat is annoying me. I was thinking of seats that would have a thin/small back as I've already tried to fit one set of buckets from a Honda in it that wouldn't fit. (Hit the back of the cab, wouldn't even reach the point to lock.)

We all know there isn't much room, but has anyone tried Mazda Miata seats? There's not much room in those either and the back pan is pretty flat, I'm thinking they might work.

Basically what it comes down to is I'm probably not getting a kingcab anytime soon, so I'm going to make the standard cab bucket option work come hell or high water!

That said....any ideas for those with buckets? :mellow: I'm only 5'8" so I have a bit more room than the taller Datsun drivers.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ted, the buckets were only an option on the much roomier KC. They may be too thick front to back for standard cab. I did put a set of 510 buckets in my old 521. They were thin enough but there was a metal bar that you would hit your tail bone on.

Ive had buckets from a Dodge D50 truck in mine. They fit my 6'1'' ass just fine. Ive also used seat from a 1998 Chevy Cavalier in it. They fit ok, but sat a little crooked.

These are the D50 seats.

IMG_0261.jpg

Now, if you dont mind another bench seat, check out the Hardbodys. I had a bench from an 87 for years and loved it. It sat higher than the stocker, but i still had about 2-3'' to go.

the king kab seats will work, i've done that before, and i'm 6'3" fit fine, give them a try, and u can find some here in classified, some one is parting a king kab, and some one has some for sale..:D

Ive had buckets from a Dodge D50 truck in mine. They fit my 6'1'' ass just fine. Ive also used seat from a 1998 Chevy Cavalier in it. They fit ok, but sat a little crooked.

These are the D50 seats.

IMG_0261.jpg

Now, if you dont mind another bench seat, check out the Hardbodys. I had a bench from an 87 for years and loved it. It sat higher than the stocker, but i still had about 2-3'' to go.

Nice, I dig those, and I guess I don't mind Mitsushitty parts in my Datsun. :D What year did those come out of? Think there were about 2 or 3 versions of D50, early mid late?

If I had another std. cab again I would stick with the bench seat. I'm 5'10" and all the buckets I have tried (prelude, eclipse, del sol) still make it a bit too uncomfortable IMO. I don't see how you taller drivers even fit in the damn thing. I guess I'm just a bit claustrophobic when it comes to driving. :confused:

Anyway, the Del Sol seats fit the best out of the group I tried with the Prelude seats (92-96) a close 2nd. You should be able to find Prelude seats and any junk yard or pull-apart for < $50.

Ive got some stock KC seats that are actually pretty comfortable still. They were recovered back in the day with some black fuzzy stuff that has turned to more of a purple. A good scrubbing and some black fabric dye might even make them presentable or you could run them as is. Price wise... parts or beer or something, theyre in my way and if you can actually use them... Let me know if youre interested.

Thread with relevant info: http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=8249

My first 620 std cab had buckets out of an 80's Toyota car. They were nice looking. Would have been very comfy in a KC. Alas in a std cab, they were very uncomfortable for a 5'10" driver.

Second 620 std cab had stock bench seat. It felt like a living room in their in comparison. There's no way I'd run buckets in a std cab again.

KC is a different story. So much room it just doesn't seem to add up.