14 inch rims

on the look out for some 14 inch rims i have 4 good 14 inch tires but when the lady slamed me she took a chunck out of one of my rims and it wont hold the bead and now i cant find the rims anymore so im looking for a different set of rims so i can use my good tires perferably on the cheap side

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

depending on how bad the rim is, with some very creative welding and grinding you can fix it. A buddy of mine curbed his 69 lemans and we straighened the rim swith nothing but a oxy-acetylene torch fixed them by hand with no special tools and they are more round now then they were before haha.

my bad i could have sworn i filled it out im in nor cal im 45 minutes west of sac well free is good but bleach you have exactly what i want thouse are the rims ive been questing

i didtn get the ones off craigslist they were to far and he wasent willing to ship

• 2 months later...

resurrecting wheels that are pretty badly damaged - I picked up a set of vintage 13x6 Ronal wheels for my '69 BMW 2002 a few years ago, then discovered that there were TWO cracks in one of them - one had been badly welded many, MANY years ago. Couldn't find another single wheel to replace the damaged one, so repair was the only option.

The wheel shop was able to grind out the old weld, re-weld the old crack and fix the newer one as well, then straighten the wheel. With a tire mounted, you can't tell where the repair was made, doesn't leak and doesn't have balancing issues. If I remember correctly, cost to fix the one damaged wheel and true up the other three was right around $120.

Shop is Precision Wheel Works @ 2552 Albatross Way (about one block north of El Camino just east of Business 80 - close to Arden Fair and Cal Expo) - phone # is 916-641-7454

Bonvo, I have a set of 14x6 enkie 92's (meshies). The wheels have some curb rash, but other than that, they are good and straight. $100, and I could drop them off in Vacaville in a couple of weekends on my way back to school. Here is a picture, let me know.

Forsale-car012.jpg

Edited by Duke
Picture

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.