Got a head?

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

Really need a head more than anything else. Need one in good working order.

I think my dead one may have had something to do with my carb explosion. I'd like to upgrade from the stock one on my L20b, and gain a little compression. Whatcha got? How much?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

I see 'em on CL, but am slightly skeptical on their quality. I am fairly confident that the people on this forum are true enthusiasts with the integrity to sell good parts and not peddle junk off on each other. If you could help me out, I'd be much obliged. Thanks.

Guest DatsuNoob

budget's kinda low, c'mon man! I own a Datsun!:D Nah, but money is a little tight right now, but what do you think is a fair price for a good working head? I've seen 'em on CL for around $75-$100, but dont wanna buy something that's already broke or about to break. I'm trying to get this thing reliable enough to drive to and from Seattle everyday. Let me know what you think is fair, thanks

I have a W-58 open chamber from a '78 620. It has the water passages for the intake manifold but the cam, springs, rockers etc. are out, original valves are still in place. You could just swap your cam and valve train into it. I drove it to my place and ran fine when on the motor. As I said the valves are still in it with undisturbed valve seals. P/M me if interested. Understand money (mostly lack of it)

mike

I have a brand new head ran on my truck for 10k mi... new valves, seats, cam.. all new.. Nice head... I put 800.00 into it at Seatle auto sport...Sell for 400.00... I do have a L18 head that I pulled from a junk yard... You can have it.. cause I will prob never use it... Let me know or give me a PM

budget's kinda low, c'mon man! I own a Datsun!:D Nah, but money is a little tight right now, but what do you think is a fair price for a good working head? I've seen 'em on CL for around $75-$100, but dont wanna buy something that's already broke or about to break. I'm trying to get this thing reliable enough to drive to and from Seattle everyday. Let me know what you think is fair, thanks

A $400 head, though I'm sure a good deal, is a bit too $$$ here.

an 800.00 head consists of ... High lift cam, custom grind... Terry went deep into the valve chamber and polish out all the Burs in the valve stem area.. Match ported intake and exhaust... Racing nismo springs, stellite seats, the valves have a custom 3 angle grind...Lots of work on this head... My L20 produces 180 Hp... Not bad for a rice burner

Ok H20

But I dont think DatsunNoob needs a head like that just to but a DGV on there and I know he cant afford the sidedrafts to really make that work.

I too have a head that is Polished(match ported and Nitrated) 280z valves and cam but I was going to sell it for 200$ its a open chamber. Unknown grind big its maybe Too Big!!! nobody wants to buy it.

But I am building a L20. Terri did my block at Autosport and I was going to send in my closed chamber head( 1.5 in put just do a basic valve job and install my nismo spring and retainers and I myself would put in a Webcamshaft 488 lift grind.

What is your grind

180Hp im thinking Maybe at the crank right?

Cause Jeff Hinos Sr20DET with more boost was only 185hp -200 at the wheels

My L20 produces 180 Hp... Not bad for a rice burner

on a dyno or on paper? I've seen some seriously built 2.2L L-series engines put down about 135-150hp at the wheels.

The stock L28 (z-car) engine claims 170hp at the crank. They generally put down 120-130whp if they are in really good tune.

Why is 180 Hp so hard to believe...? Its stuffed with J E forged Pistons.. Bored out Big time to who knows..? and I had Little monsters Hot rods In marysville do the the Dyno a couple of years ago...re curved my dist to match the timing... cam is above 480... I even had malvern racing do some block work.... I have seen L18 make over 200hp on the track, with no nitrious or turbo"s , My crank was balanced at that dude in mukilteo perpetual Balance, and My flywheel is a 12lb Fidianza.... For get that srdet stuff and all that .. L20 B power Baby...!

yes I still have the motor and the flywheel..... its tore down right now cause I threw a bearing on the crank racing a HonDAH.... and I smoked his ass..., but I banged up my engine in the process... Why do you ask ..?

Sorry the flywheel is not for sale... But for a hundred bucks auto sport will Machine a stock flywheel a stocker down to about 14lbs.... I have had them do that for me.. :), As for the engine Pull next weekend looks good for me, I will give you a call Steve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.