Pics of after flipping the springs and trimming the fenders :)

Llittle_Llama

I will HAVE to drop the front some more now, and instead of back halfing it like i had planned i think i will just notch it this weekend. what do you guys think?

before i started cutting, bed just sitting on the frame, wheels rubbing...

HPIM1921.jpg

HPIM1922.jpg

HPIM1923.jpg

and after when the REAL fun started :)

HPIM1924.jpg

HPIM1925.jpg

HPIM1926.jpg

HPIM1927.jpg

HPIM1928.jpg

HPIM1929.jpg

HPIM1930.jpg

And here is the driver side that i was able to get off all in one piece :D

HPIM1932.jpg

HPIM1933.jpg

HPIM1934.jpg

HPIM1935.jpg

HPIM1936.jpg

HPIM1937.jpg

Edited by dwnshfter
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For safety's sake..dont drive it like that. You may snap the main leaf & thats gonna suck. The main leaf is'nt meant to bend that way. I do TY for the pix showin how close the rim is to the bed lip. I want to run my Titans on the 620 & they help.

well would i be better off monoleafing it? I am still going to 4 link it and dont have any plans on driving it till it's bagged really, but i might want to take it out on the town a night or two. I was really just worried that the wheels would not tuck and thats another reason i wanted to slam it so bad. i had to cut out the lip from the fender and i spent about 2 hours doing it, angle grinder, angle grinder with a wire wheel, a piece or 36 grit and a metal file.

So that's how you photoshop a 620 without using photoshop ...

Flipping the main leaf upside down is controversial. It makes me nervous, and my truck has it. Yet I have seen no evidence that it ever caused a broken spring. Seems people have opinions, but no facts or statistics. Leaf springs weren't designed to run with spacer blocks either, but that has proven to be safe. Has anyone driven a flipped leaf for years without problem? Anyone had a first-hand problem with it? I'd like to know if I need to re-do my suspension.

Edited by ggzilla

if you flip the main leaf on a 620 it moves the axle forward and itll tear up the carrier bearing and the output shaft seal on the tranny, as well as the internals of the trans. i flipped the main leaf on my truck a while back, drove it around the block and it made a bad grinding sound, lots of vibration, and started smellin like burnt gear oil. so i put it back the way it was and have no problems other than i tiny bit of vibration on a hard take off. thats only from the goofy pinion agnle from being so low. i need to raise my carrier bearing an inch.

Guest DatsuNoob

What do I think? I think it looked good before you fawked it up :lol: I wouldn't have done that, but hey, it's not my truck. That red paint looked good. I've been planning on doing a paint scheme similar to yours for a long time, but more like the 2 tone jobs they do to the new Chargers. I like how they accentuate the similar body line with the black.

for me looks only go so far, when you are killing drivability and safety i tend to draw the line.

dwnshfter it looks cool. but seriously don't drive that. let me run you thru a scenario. lets say you are going down the road around a corner and your ass end hits a bump/hole/something that would put your rear tires into the wheel well and slow or even stop wheel travel, now if you are lucky you only skid a second or none at all. but take that a little further, what if your ass end locks up just long enough to put you in a skid. now you are in a ditch or worse just because you wanted to look cool going down the road. its not so cool now being on the side of the road in a jacked up ride. now you have to fix your rear suspension and whatever you smashed and broke. please just monoleaf it until you have the funds to bag it.

Guest DatsuNoob
I think i just might leave it for now to be honest. I will notch the frame and then start saving up for the 4 link, then i can put the bags on and then voila! bagged in the rear :D

I agree with Mike, no suspension and axle slams suck and get old real quick. You think it's that easy? just put on the bags and "voila" you're bagged in the rear? Can you weld? Do you know how to square your measurements and can you figure the correct geometric positioning of your trailing arms? Do you know how to setup a 4 link? How the trailing arm angularities work? Do you know what axle you'll be using? Not trying to rip you a new asshole, it's just not as easy as you may think, and once you start, you're pretty commited. It's not something to be nonchalant about and do a hack job on.

I agree with Mike, no suspension and axle slams suck and get old real quick. You think it's that easy? just put on the bags and "voila" you're bagged in the rear? Can you weld? Do you know how to square your measurements and can you figure the correct geometric positioning of your trailing arms? Do you know how to setup a 4 link? How the trailing arm angularities work? Do you know what axle you'll be using? Not trying to rip you a new asshole, it's just not as easy as you may think, and once you start, you're pretty commited. It's not something to be nonchalant about and do a hack job on.

Dont worry if he doesnt know how to do it, he will just start a couple dozen new threads asking "hey will some one write me detailed description on how to do this?":lol::lol:

Edit: Oh and PS the dodge paint looks Bitchin!

in my other 1000 threads i have mentioned that i dont weld...not at all. i was thinking JB welding it to be honest......or better yet having my buddy up the road that has bagged a few trucks do it....as i had mentioned before. I am going with the stock axle, and most likely doing bags on bars. I dont drive the truck which i have said a few times already, i drive the firebird and was only dropping it like this to see if the titans would tuck....which they do.