Where do you work on your Datto?

Bob3

Yes - This year I won my Division & the June Sprints at Road America. I finished second at the Runoffs.:mad: I missed the tripple crown by 5 seconds!

Good year though!

Wow That's fantastic. What do you drive?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My poor tiny workspace:

At least you have a work space, Frank is nice enough to let me work on my rigs at his place, which is actually really small for just what he does. Besides that I build most my parts at work. Hopefully I don't loose my job anytime soon :confused: haha :D

At least you have a work space, Frank is nice enough to let me work on my rigs at his place, which is actually really small for just what he does. Besides that I build most my parts at work. Hopefully I don't loose my job anytime soon :confused: haha :D
Yeah...I suppose. I poured the slab myself and ran the ghetto electrical. That pic pretty much shows it all, though. There's only about 18" from the door to the rotisserie that you can't see.

Hey Matt, I bet you will have a very nice finished product, despite the cramped working conditions.

I have finally (well in a couple days) got my dream shop. It's as much as I will ever really need. **want** is another story. I currently rent two bays of an 8 bay wide shop. I have 24x20. On Wednesday, I get two more bays adjacent to mine. So, I'll have 24x40 with a wall splitting it in half. I can't wait. I'll have room to slowly work on my 521 chop project AND my two daily rigs (510 & 620KC) at the same time.

Hey Matt, I bet you will have a very nice finished product, despite the cramped working conditions.

I have finally (well in a couple days) got my dream shop. It's as much as I will ever really need. **want** is another story. I currently rent two bays of an 8 bay wide shop. I have 24x20. On Wednesday, I get two more bays adjacent to mine. So, I'll have 24x40 with a wall splitting it in half. I can't wait. I'll have room to slowly work on my 521 chop project AND my two daily rigs (510 & 620KC) at the same time.

That will be awesome! When I rented a big shop I loved being able to lay everything out on the floor, ton's of room for mock ups. I could leave it there as long as I wanted, maybe one day I will have another one :D

I wish I had a nice workshop like some of you. Here is my space:

My_VG30_Engine_Swap_12-18-08_008.jpg

I work half inside and half out. I roll the car out into the driveway when I need more space. It makes winter work fun. LOL!

If I could get rid of some junk, I would have alot more space.

Bob......I've got the Uhaul reserved and I've started packing the boxes.....I figure it's first come, first adopted!!! I'll be there by monday!!!

Sounds good Mike. I could use a great machinist! :thumbsup: If you look close at my shop pics, you'll see that I have an upstairs in the main shop. We'll just finish that off for you! :lol:

Sounds good Mike. I could use a great machinist! :thumbsup: If you look close at my shop pics, you'll see that I have an upstairs in the main shop. We'll just finish that off for you! :lol:

SAWEEEEET!!! :)

I understand, Mike. He has heat. How can I compete with that?:( Did I mention the stripper pole next to the pool table?

Oh man! That sure makes the choice a bit harder!!!!

.......um....wait.......who's the stripper pole for......me or hot chicks??? ....cause if it's for me, I'm gonna have to go with Bob!! :) Once I got all oiled up and workin' the pole...I'd never get any work done!! :)

Maybe the 3 of us should converge on a common city and start up a shop!! We need to get Datrod in on it too....then we'd have a real machinist!! :)

.....okay......I'm gonna start searching the web for adoption paperwork!!!

Seriously.....Bob....at the rate you're going, I'd better get off my rear and check into that grill!

SAWEEEEET!!! :)

Oh man! That sure makes the choice a bit harder!!!!

.......um....wait.......who's the stripper pole for......me or hot chicks??? ....cause if it's for me, I'm gonna have to go with Bob!! :) Once I got all oiled up and workin' the pole...I'd never get any work done!! :)

Maybe the 3 of us should converge on a common city and start up a shop!! We need to get Datrod in on it too....then we'd have a real machinist!! :)

.....okay......I'm gonna start searching the web for adoption paperwork!!!

Seriously.....Bob....at the rate you're going, I'd better get off my rear and check into that grill!

O.K. Let me know when & where to have my machines delivered :lol:

Bob3: thats a nice shop you got there. i noticed all the kart bodywork on the walls:D. ive done quite a bit of karting over the years.

heres my dads shop that ive been able to use over the years until recently when his projects became too big and needed the space so booted me out.

P1010664_2.jpg

P1010602.jpg

recently this has been my workplace :(

P1040320.jpg

but now im in the process of buying this

545341401.jpg

mklotz70 Quote:

mklotz70 Quote:

LOL! Heck....as long as I'm dreaming...I'm getting new ones!!!

I'm sure we could dream up one hell of a shop! This forum is just so much fun, I love it! As far as the grill - just let me know!:thumbup:

Bob

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've got my own little corner at a buddy's shop. It's not bad but i wish it wasn't so packed all the time. Right now the toyota is blown apart, the frame over here, the cab over there and the bed right there...

100_0692.jpg

100_0695.jpg

100_0710.jpg

Before my monthly rent is was the back yard at my buddy troy's "hack shack"

100_0561.jpg

Right now I work outside next to my father-in-laws shop. I have 6 bikes inside his shop and another 20 or so at my mother-in-laws. But like my car they are mostly old school cruisers. My most expensive one is a purple Dyno with billet grips, 4 speed internal shifter and drum brakes.