Mindy....

inline4

Ya know,

I'm wondering if that coil I gave Bonvo would have worked on this.

Knowing the guy I got it from, it was most likely for a F/I application...

I might have a Blaster 2 laying around?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what he had lined up as far as a coil to use.

Awesome of ya to offer it.

Might be nice if we could at least borrow it or something to get her fired,

if it's not too much trouble.

That coil would work on a F/I system?

If so, and he doesn't have a coil yet,

I would recommend he buy it from ya, if for sale.

Hell, I'm almost as excited as him to hear it running at this point.:D

Can't wait to hear that open header Roar!:lol:

Edited by agentalpha

Just checked and yes I have the coil if you guys need it. I am not sure of the resistance but that should easily be found at MSD's website. Im just up the street from him if you guys want it and im home tomorrow. Drop me a line if you guys are going to be working on it.

what do you guys think of nissan consult and the daughterboard ecu stuff as opposed to standalone?

Why would you need to reprogram the ECU? If your not turboing it our running huge cams in an NA motor I don't see the need to tune it.

Why would you need to reprogram the ECU? If your not turboing it our running huge cams in an NA motor I don't see the need to tune it.

at some point in time i might. also instead of gauges, display the info on an lcd instead. that and i want to eventually use a computer attached to an usb relay controller to activate/power the fuel pump, power ecu etc.

just wishful thinking :)

Edited by inline4
  • 3 weeks later...

It is at the highest point(as close as possible), so air can be "burped" out.

And, the hoses are routed so that the hot coolant coming from the engine(out of the thermostat)

goes into the highest point on the radiator(as heat rises),

flows across and down, and then enters the engine from the coolest point on the rad.

Edited by agentalpha
got it just wondering i would have thought splicing it into the upper hose would work better thats why i ask

It's cool, Ty for the input, Bro.

Maybe hard to see, but we put the cap in the highest(best) place possible.

BTW. She fired right up first try.

No leaks, shorts, any BS, PERIOD, anywhere. Not even ONE. How about THEM apples? ;)

A few minor things tomorrow, and those 3 wires near the alternator,

and she'll be safely cruising, 100% DONE with the KA install.

Edited by agentalpha

Again, really glad to hear you guys got it running. Sorry again I couldn't be more help with the alternator, it was dark as piss outside. That, and we didn't use the stock connections from the harness, and most of the wires are in a small wire tuck anyway, so I couldn't see wire colors or where they plugged in.

Let me know what's up tomorrow. I got new leaf springs put in the rear, and they need a good long cruise to settle in a bit, so hit me up!

I ended up passing out last night again before posting up pictures.

but anyways, a big thank you goes out to chris for puttting this all together for me, jeff for hooking me up with the wiring and everyone else who has helped and pointed out shit to us.

once things are buttoned up, I'll post the pics.....

but in the meantime, these are the last wires that need to be hooked up

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

how do these wires hook up to the alternator???

thanks in advance :)

Glad to hear you guys got her running. As always im here to help when needed and I have the time. Sucks you have to leave but that will just give you time to think of what to do next.

I think you should give me the motor you have sitting in the sideyard but thats just me! :lol:

Drop me a line when your back up this way and we'll get her roadworthy.

She runs! :)

THAT'S a HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT.

As in she's FAST?:confused:

She's Reliably DRIVEABLE, and quick(if not legal:D)

We drove her down to BK!! NO Probs at all, and that radiator is doing an AWESOME job of keeping it cool. Entire cooling system is consistently warm everywhere(no air pockets), and keeping her VERY cool, almost too much so. Proper fan thermostatic switch will help that. I feel the main key with this rad/hose setup is to properly burp all the air out. Should be 100% fine.

She's a quick Lil' car! Joe's expression was so priceless when I drove it around the block!! :lol: Nice to hear an uncapped header again.;)

And I wasn't pushing it THAT hard(Prob 4,500-5,000 RPM's), as the factory Tach isn't hooked up yet. Can't wait to see what she can do when we KNOW where redline is.;)

That wiring does need to be completely gone through and cleaned up soon, however.

Strange jumps and splices everywhere, big handfuls of wire that go nowhere,

a few reasons I was having such a time. Thanks for the input and help, B.

I think your multimeter might need new batteries as well (I have it safe, so lemme know).

We gave up on it, and made a test light.

Edited by agentalpha