Please help! Wheel locking hubs

Hello guys I've ran into a problem with my 720. Both of the locking hubs aren't good anymore and I need them kind of urgently because the road to my farm is muddy and i rlly need to enter to maintain my animals. Do you guys know in which website I could find the 26 spline ones. I only find 27 and 28 splines ones. Do you guys know what other makes are compatible incase I don't find for nissan. Thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably only one is bad. As soon as it stops working the other won't do anything because its an open differential.

Are these manual or the automatic hubs?

Automatic, But I don't mind changing to manual the thing is I wanna change both just to be sure. I'll store the old ones alteast for memories lol

This is old but simple shit. Ancient grease locks old stuff up only slightly behind rust. Disassemble and lube this might end up a nearly free fix. I know the hubs are supposed to engage automatically but there was a procedure to disengage by shifting to 2 high and then backing up.

The link to the ones listed doesn't work anymore but it might be able to lead you in the right direction and I have had them installed for over 2 years now and they are fantastic!

6 hours ago, Logical1 said:

The link to the ones listed doesn't work anymore but it might be able to lead you in the right direction and I have had them installed for over 2 years now and they are fantastic!

I still have that hub, it has not been installed NOS, but only the one

Automatic hubs have worked fine for me . Probably nothing has been serviced forever in the hubs . There is a wear item in the autohubs which is a bronze washer . 
Granted I don’t off road but use the 4x4 often enough just when going into my back yard . Manual hubs are hard to find for early trucks and later ones too . The best ones are NLA . 
My try Fred Williams on the 720 FB page . He has a ton of trucks that he sells parts for