Vintageglass.com Anybody on here used them?

As the title says. I am looking for a windshield for the 521 and found a site called glassfinders.com and got a quote back from vintageglass.com and was just wondering if anybody on here has used them and or heard of them.

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the bump.

Ended up ordering from them on Monday and picked up my glass on Tuesday about 50 miles from my house. So it was in stock at a "local" warehouse. I have also picked up a couple 510 windshields at this location although through a different distributor.

Rant section:

I had stopped by a local in my semi-rural town and asked if they could find a windshield for my 411. They said "no, you can't find those anymore" almost before I finished asking the question. I think the total time I spent trying to find this glass was about half an hour. I was full on prepared to spend 500 to 600 for the glass itself...I paid 345 + tax. What the guy doesn't know is that I own and operate 6 vehicles with 2 more in process, and another 3 behind that. He could've had my business for life.

limpwristedpinkocommiejackass.

End rant.

• Like 2

I had the same thing happen with auto paint stores and Nissan dealers.  Instead of just checking the part numbers I'd bring into the Nissan dealer parts dept, they would insist on asking what the year and model was.  They would immediately tell me they were N/A.  

I ended up finding a guy at a dealer that loved old Datsuns, and he would would check for me.  We had about a 75 percent success rate finding parts.

Similar experience with auto paint.  I eventually found a guy who knew where to find formulas to mix colors for older cars.  I told him my experiences with other paint places, and he said "how the fuck do formulas/color ratios get discontinued?"  

I feel your pain, Bro.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I had the same thing happen with auto paint stores and Nissan dealers.  Instead of just checking the part numbers I'd bring into the Nissan dealer parts dept, they would insist on asking what the year and model was.  They would immediately tell me they were N/A.  

When I was running Nissan parts departments everyone knew to come and get me if somebody came in with a Datsun.

It takes just about as long to ask what model and year the vehicle is as it does to run an inquiry to Nissan to see if the part is available.

• Like 2

Kelly, I just remembered that the 1200 windshield you got from me was from Pilkington.  That was a long time ago, and everyone said it was a NLA item. They had one on stock.  Good luck on the hunt.

• Like 1

And yet another similar experience - at NAPA, asking for a part. The counter guys look, and look, in this book and on their screen, then ask for more vehicle info or part description, ultimately stumped. I use my phone to do an online search while they are struggling to find the part and I come up with a part number which I share with the counter person and finally walk out of the store with my part.

I asked the store manager about this and asked why their employees aren't using google instead of their database, he told me they aren't allowed to use the internet while clocked in. Why? Because he can't trust his employees. Lame.

So yeah - #limpwristedpinkocommiejackass

It's just the world we live in. Almost every time I try to go out of my way and give my business to a local brick and mortar, they fail, and the internet provides.

EDIT - end rant

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Like 1

It also Doesn't help that Nissan software doesn't recognize older models like the 411 series. It comes back VW 411! So if you are looking for older model parts it probably isn't in the system anymore.

• Like 1

Go to this site for OEM Nissan parts and put in the part numbers.  The 411 is shown in the graphic, but almost nothing will show as available if you look at the diagrams.

https://parts.nissanusa.com/Nissan___NissanOEMClassics.html

If you check the part numbers, often the description with be wrong or weird, but it will show if available.

411 example page:  https://parts.nissanusa.com/a/Datsun_1967_411/_50018_10800330/REAR-SUSPENSION-AXLE/410_1_282.html

Edited by iceman510
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1